DIY alarm kits

I need to replace a now 'broken' intruder alarm system in my house.

I already have all the wiring running to the various PIR's and door=20 sensors, but need a new control panel, and bell box.

Ideally, I'd like one that can utilise a wire free remote control panel=20 as well, as the location where the control panel will need to go is not=20 the best place it could have been put. A wired option is also fine as I=20 will find a way to get the cable to it from the main panel.

I'm not too concerned with going entirely wireless either, as I will=20 simply not connect the wires up when fitting new PIR's etc.

Any recommendations for under =A3200?

My local 'locksmiths' didn't want to supply unless they also fitted, and=20 then at a ridiculous price, so will need to source from somewhere like=20 Newey & Eyre, TLC Direct etc.

TIA

--=20 Newsreader - Gravity 2.70b (build 2067) Posts received from Google Groups set to 'auto ignore'. My reply address is invalid - please post to the group. This line is intentionally left blank.

Reply to
Tx2

?

Reply to
dennis

I have this one fitted (below). You can get it a bit cheaper if you shop around...

's pretty neat because it can phone you should someone break into your house! Also you can connect smoke alarms to it and it will again phone you and let you know.

I believe Yale have bought out another model that allows you to connect to your alarm via the internet and check its status etc etc. Not sure what the model number of that one is, but i'm sure google will help if you need it ;)

joecool

Reply to
joecool2000

Think it's this one (Yale HSA3095).....

joecool2000

In article ,=20 snipped-for-privacy@localhost.localdomain thought we might be interested in the=20 following... =20

--=20 Newsreader - Gravity 2.70b (build 2067) Posts received from Google Groups set to 'auto ignore'. My reply address is invalid - please post to the group. This line is intentionally left blank.

Reply to
Tx2

In article , snipped-for-privacy@localhost.localdomain thought we might be interested in the following...

Reply to
Tx2

The Optima G3 rom TLC is a decent basic unit and should come well within your budget with (wired) remote keypad, backup battery and bell box.

I can't see any reason to use wireless if you already have the cabling installed, or can do so easily - it offers no benefits.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Have a look at

The Premier 24 range should be ok. You can order these from CEF

Regards

Steve Dawson

Reply to
Stephen Dawson

Yeah... and what are you going to do when you get that call and you are say more than 10 mins from home. Assuming you can drop everything and return? Call the Police? They aren't going to take it all that seriously TBH. You can't be absolutely *sure* that there really are intruders and not just a spider walking across a PIR. Call a neighbour? Do you really want to send a neighbour to face a possibly violent intruder on your behalf?

Again what are you going to do? The Fire Brigade will turn out but will charge for a false call, may even prosecute if it happens a few times.

Seriously think *really* hard about the available action(s) you have when you get those call(s).

Reply to
Dave Liquorice