What do people think about Texacom alarms?

Hi,

I am thinking about replacing my Scantronics 9800 house alarm which I insta lled in 2000. I have been looking at the Texacom Premier Elite range and w as wondering if anyone had any experience of them or generally with Texacom alarms. Are they good quality/reliable?

I was planning on just replacing the control panel and the remote keypads (

2), re-using the existing wiring, PIR's, door contacts and smoke sensors.

I quite liked their ability to connect to the local network (LAN) so that e verything can be configured via a PC rather than the keypad.

Thanks

Alan

Reply to
AlanC

talled in 2000. I have been looking at the Texacom Premier Elite range and was wondering if anyone had any experience of them or generally with Texac om alarms. Are they good quality/reliable?

(2), re-using the existing wiring, PIR's, door contacts and smoke sensors.

everything can be configured via a PC rather than the keypad.

That should be Texecom :-)

Reply to
AlanC

I don't...

...think about Texacom alarms...

HTH

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I installed an Elite 24 metal this summer. Upgrade/Replacement of a previous Karizma system.

The main reason for buying this product was that it uses a wired connection to my broadband router. This makes it easy to update it and to check the status using my laptop from where ever I can get access to the Internet. I also get notifications to my mobile phone and emails if it ever goes off.

The proximity tags make it easy to set the alarm when you go out and to cancel it on return.

The hardest part of the installation was using the keypad to set the IP addresses. After that it was easy.

The previous system used ID biscuits. I now have the EOL resisters.

Reply to
Michael Chare

I was looking at the EOL resistors in the manual. The benefit seems to be less wiring in that it can use a single pair of wires for alarm and tamper. The instructions seem to imply that I can use a separate pair of wires fo r alarm and tamper which I was planning on doing as the wiring is already i n place (and that's how the current system is setup).

Reply to
AlanC

Each alarm needs a pair of wires going back to the control panel (or maybe a keypad). Alarms such as PIRs need power, but that can be shared. I bought the 8XE Zone expander so that gives me 16 alarm ports on the control panel. I don't use them all.

Reply to
Michael Chare