Alarm system - mix of wired and wireless

We currently have a fairly basic wired alarm that was already installed in the house. The panel is in the cupboard under the stairs and needs to be accessed to arm and disarm. A lot of the wiring is visible which i consider unacceptable and the building work we're doing at the moment give the opportunity to upgrade and conceal the wires.

I've been looking at the Powermax wireless system since there are a few areas (notably the kitchen and back door) that i cant reach with concealed cable. HOwever, there are a lot of other areas where i CAN hide wiring and i'd prefer to hardwire the devices in these areas for cost and convenience. I also like the phone monitoring on the Powermax but it seems it can only have one hardwired zone (though i may be misunderstanding this)

What i need is:

2 PIR sensors upstairs (can be hardwired) 2 PIR sensors downstairs (can be hardwired) Front door reed switch (hardwired) Remote keypad at front door (can be hardwired though wireless would be easier) Back door sensor (wireless) Back door keypad (wireless) Shed sensor (wireless)

Based on this can anyone give any pointers on what i should consider:

- upgrade existing system with remote keypads and extra sensors (if possible)

- use some existing sensors with a new control panel

- use a wireless system and swallow the extra cost

Also, does the back door need a reed switch - i could potenially cover the room with a PIR if i was still able to set this as an "access zone" that allowed time to disarm the system - is this possible?

Reply to
anthony james