Vinyl subfloor prep

Laying vinyl over laminate - most of it is pretty good, but there's a secti on where some metal (not removable) protrude by about 2mm.

I'm going to cover the laminate with 3mm hardboard, pinned down - what woul d people recommend to fill the 1mm gap over the top of the metal - it's abo ut 200x100mm in area? I'll whack a bit of 2-pack in to fill any gaps betwee n hardboard sheets, but I can't see that working over the area, on a metal base!

It's not an area where people will be walking much (if at all) but it is qu ite visible, so I can't just let the vinyl sink in.

Reply to
bblaukopf

1mm thick bit of aluminium sheet?
Reply to
Adrian C

tion where some metal (not removable) protrude by about 2mm.

uld people recommend to fill the 1mm gap over the top of the metal - it's a bout 200x100mm in area? I'll whack a bit of 2-pack in to fill any gaps betw een hardboard sheets, but I can't see that working over the area, on a meta l base!

quite visible, so I can't just let the vinyl sink in.

car body filler?

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

+1
Reply to
stuart noble

Use thin vinyl tiles?

Reply to
Capitol

+2

I think this is the one I have in stock for such jobs (much cheaper than Car Shops, and very easy to sand).

newshound