Flexible adhesive plastic trim (2023 Update)

My new integrated fridge-freezer came with a length of flexible soft white plastic trim: right-angled, with one leg wider the other and an adhesive strip down the wider part. It was to cover any gap between the edge of the fridge-freezer and the side of the housing cabinet.

Does anyone know if this trim (or something similar) can be bought separately? Various Google searches have turned up rigid hard-plastic equivalents but not an exact match. I'd like to use it to cover an unsightly gap between the side of a cupboard and an uneven wall.

Many thanks.

Reply to
Bert Coules

Search for "upvc flexible trim"?

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

Thanks for the thought. In fact, that's one of the things I tried. It throws up several similar products but no exact matches: ideally I'd like the same sort of extreme flexibility as the fridge-freezer trim, which the search result items don't appear to have. See, for example:

which is actually something I've used before but isn't quite right for my present purpose.

Reply to
Bert Coules

If really flexi, maybe it's some form of silicone rubber?

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

I wondered about that, and also about masking the gap with a large bead of silicone, but the fridge-freezer strip is so perfect for the job that I'd like to use that if I can. Perhaps I should ask Zanussi.

Reply to
Bert Coules

Bert Coules pretended :

Just a suggestion, which might not be what you are looking for...

You can get white self adhesive bath sealer on a roll. As it unrolls, it can be folded to a right angle, with the adhesive on both faces. The adhesive is quite thick and goohie, will stick to anything once pressure rolled on to spread the adhesive.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Thanks for that: I've now found several retailers who stock it, and in different widths to boot. Depending on just how flexible it is, it's the closest I've so far seen to what I'm after. I'll take a look.

Reply to
Bert Coules

Can i ask what it was called? Looking for the same stuff

Reply to
Olivia

You have to realise when posting through that useless home owners club website that 1. Many messages get regurgitated years after they are dead as threads and

  1. you need to quote the original message manually for when it goes out to the main Usenet which its is connected to, since most are not on that web site, indeed many would consider being on it a sign of stupidity or impending lunacy. grin Brian
Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Thanks for that: I've now found several retailers who stock it, and in different widths to boot. Depending on just how flexible it is, it's the closest I've so far seen to what I'm after. I'll take a look.

Hi Bert, what was the product that you found called? Thanks Sarah

Reply to
Sarahj0nes