Flexible, putty like adhesive for food preparation tools?

I've got a flexible plastic siphon tube that tends to curl up in use. I also want to prevent it from getting too close to the sediment in the bottom of a brew bucket.
So I'm running it through a length of rigid plastic tube, in through the cap at the top and out through the wall about an inch up from the bottom of the rigid tube which is also capped.
At the moment its a take apart arrangement but fiddly to keep refitting after cleaning. Any advice on a flexible and bulky adhesive that can be used on food production tools would be most appreciated.
--

Mike

On 17/12/2015 10:50, Mike Halmarack wrote:

https://sugru.com/about
newshound wrote:

"Sugru isn't certified as food safe yet, but we're working on it"
It does say it's inert when cured though ...
On 17/12/2015 11:48, Andy Burns wrote:

That would be good enough for me. I was assuming it wasn't a commercial application, where I admit the bar would be a little higher.
On Thursday, December 17, 2015 at 11:48:00 AM UTC, Andy Burns wrote:

I wonder if they're working on it in terms of certification or chemical composition?
> It does say it's inert when cured though ...
Inert sounds encouraging to my non-scientist mind.

Sugru isn't certified as food safe yet, but we're working on it.
On Thursday, December 17, 2015 at 11:39:04 AM UTC, newshound wrote:

I've got Sugru in the cupboard from a while back. Love the site, tutorials and advertising. I'll study the stuff a bit more now. I bought the coloured variety, not that this should necessarily prejudice me against using it instead of white.
On Thursday, December 17, 2015 at 5:31:11 PM UTC, Chris French wrote:

Not as colourful as Sugru perhaps. but "food grade" has a reassuring ring to it.
As for too soft, sufficient quantity should do the trick.
On Thursday, 17 December 2015 10:50:53 UTC, Mike Halmarack wrote:

No such animal, food safety requires a smooth easy clean surface. Hand moulded shapes just don't achieve that. Maybe stick some ss wire up the tube.
NT
On Friday, December 18, 2015 at 12:01:25 AM UTC, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Another great idea! Thanks.
--