plastic bath trim?

Hi I'm after some advice on trim for my white plastic bath. I set off to replace the silicon seal , but in addition there's a gap of 4cm between the tap end and the wall. A previous owner blocked this in with wood then covered the wood with horizontal tiles, precariously held to the wall and bath edge with silicone trim and grout. I've removed all this as it's got extremely manky with black mould and probably leaky too.

The question is what to replace the tiles with. If I just replace as was I think it will still be rubbish. I was thinking of using a single piece of white plastic over the wood, using something to give it an angle to drain down, and sealing it to wall and bath with silicon. Does this sound sensible, or are there better ideas out there?

Anyway I can only find what I want on the web in the USA, like this:

It seems a pretty simple requirement, can anyone tell me where I can get a piece of plastic like this in the UK? Maybe I'm using the wrong words in Google.

All help gratefully received| Ken

Reply to
Ken

Take a trip to your local window installation/manufacturing co. Ask them for some trim of the shape you need and exchange beer tokens with them.

I had a similar problem with the bath prior to my current one.There was quite a large gap which I filled in with silicone etc but I got a piece of trim from Homebase( I think Trend Plastics made it) and fitted it at an angle on one short and one long side of the bath ..It was hard plastic and I think it was intended to be placed above a row of tiles to set them off . It wasn't just a plain rectangular shape...the long edges were shaped nicely I just fixed it with silicone and finished the gap in with silicone in the usual way and the water ran off it quite well.

-- Any posting using my name and/or e-mail address but other than by newsindividual.net is not being posted by me and should be disregarded . Remove NOSPAM to reply by e-mail

Reply to
Stuart B