Looking for trim to cover gap between bath panel and floor (redone message)

Have just installed a bath with a curved panel (at one end). Unfortunately because of uneven floor I have had to cut away part of the panel at point of contact with the floor.

I am thinking of filling the wider gap with thin strips of plywood but will need to tidy everything up with some sort of flexible trim.

Can anyone suggest a product which is flexible enough to go all around the base and also the curve at one end of bath?

photo here

in advance

km

(This is a repeat of a message posted with the wrong date on my computer and I eventually found it in yesterdays dated messages. Have reset the date and reposted to appear on correct day)

Reply to
km

any reason why you can't just use a piece of 50mm white upvc architrave? - it's about 6mm thick, so it will bend around this easily in one piece

Reply to
Phil L

If it will bend to that extent I will look into it. Thanks.

km

Reply to
km

Have just had a look in the garage and found piece of strip I used when doing some cladding. See photo

is no give in this so I assume you are referring to a flat strip.

This is an option but sticking it in place will need some thought. Probably need to glue it to side of the bath and put a layer of silicone between it and the floor.

Am hoping there is a product with an angle (per the photo) which will make attaching to the panel easier and also go round the bend.

km

Reply to
km

Hope this makes sense......

The right angled stuff you have, what if you cut lots of slits on one side of the angle. (or indeed cut sections of it out) The side with the slits slides under the panel and should allow the `unslit` side to flex.

Reply to
SS

I know what you mean. It would probably work but problem I have is whether the finished look is something I could live with.

The style of the panel is such that the bottom of it curves underneath and is practically out of sight.

The more I think about it the more I am moving towards putting something like thick cord to wedge into the gap and then put a bead of silicone along it so that the cord is not in view and it also protects from water running under the bath when someone gets out or splashes water on to the floor.

km

Reply to
km

Have found a product called Scotia Flexible Beading. Sold at Wickes and The Range. Will visit to have closer look. Seems to be suitable but closer inspection needed to see how snuggly it will fit under the curve at the base of the panel .

km

Reply to
km