uPVC window trim adhesive

You know that plastic trim that double glazing fitters put on the inside of your window when they want to cover the gap and damage that they've made to your plaster and paintwork, what type of adhesive do they use to fit it? Ta.

Reply to
Graeme

If the uPVC is physically in contact with other uPVC a few spots of superglue on connecting edge with a squirt of gripfill or silicon on the rest works a treat and gives an almost instant fix.

Reply to
TonyK

Gripfill? That's another squirty glue thing. How different is it from "no more nails"?

Reply to
Graeme

Much the same sort of stuff, just a damn sight cheaper from a builders merchants.

Reply to
TonyK

The adhesive that " Living Design " used was an acrylic filler. The reason I know is 4 years ago when they installed our new double glazing, they took off more plaster than the plastic fillers would cover..About 1 foot more plaster on some windows!..So they left me about 10 tubes of the stuff and all the plastic bits..Suffice to say it has went of and another ideal replacement is to go into B&Q and look for interior frame sealant or decorators Caulk or flexible decorator filler...All pretty much the same things...Either bead it with a nice wavy hand action all along the edge or do it in splotches..Push against frame and wall and voila!!! Then using a wet cloth, wipe up the excess that has squeezed out...Great smooth finish and overpaintable if you desire

Ged

Reply to
Ged

£4 a tube
Reply to
John

Some of the low odour ones are water based, which is no good for outdoors.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

They use a two part adhesive. IIRC, one part comes out of a small dropper type bottle which you run down one surface, and the other part is in an airosol which you spray onto the other surface. It's available from uPVC stockists.

Solvent weld for uPVC pipework would probably work fine too, but any which got onto any visible surfaces would destroy the finish on the surface.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel