Bloody Amazon!

I knew I was going to be out last week, so updated the amazon delivery instructions to "leave in garage" and left it unlocked, got home to package in plain view on doormat.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Many people were strongly in favour of the Sun's Page Three models but they also had their knockers :-)

Reply to
gareth evans

Because it is delivered to Coop and only to you when you pick it up. A more obvious chain of responsibility.

Reply to
Pancho

This was pre-Covid.

Reply to
Scott

I like that idea!

Reply to
S Viemeister

I had an odd "inverted" problem to that a couple of weeks ago. DPD left a parcel on the front step with our address on it, but nobody of the name on parcel lived here. So in a way the parcel had been delivered to the "correct" address, but not to the person intended (whoever sent it had got the address wrong). I then spent an hour trying to find out how to contact DPD to report this, but without a delivery number, order number or other number there was nothing online I could use. I couldn't find a phone number to contact DPD on their website. I was about to take the parcel to their depot a few miles away, when the doorbell rang and it was a guy from the house across the road about 70 metres away (the house numbering is strange here; we are No.3, he is No.4). He told me his name and the name on the parcel was the same, so I gave it to him. I assume he'd checked with the sender and DPD to find out where it was.

Seems odd there's no way to contact DPD if you don't know who sent the package.

Reply to
Jeff Layman

Nope. Hermes are still doing it, took a picture of the parcel and my wife's fluffy slippers as she picked the box up from the door step.

Reply to
Mark Carver

There's an episode of "Not Going Out" with exactly that scenario but the slapstick that follows is something else!

Reply to
gareth evans

So do I. But rationally, if you are going to fit a switch to the knocker why not make it operate the bell? An additional voice announcement is optional: "I told you to use the bell!".

Reply to
Roger Hayter

I once programmed a control screen for an oven in a General Motors plant in Michigan in the US, and when I had finished, if you pressed any key other than one of the six functional ones, Pacman came across and ate the screen away. When he had finished, the original screen was reinstated. It stayed like that for years, until the plant was demolished. You have to have some fun at work!

Reply to
Davey

My door bell push has two superbright LEDs. Clearly visible at all times.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Or make it ring the door bell. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

I arrived back as a delivery man called. He wanted a pic of the parcel at the open front door.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Ooh - even better.

Reply to
S Viemeister

Why do robots get LEDs for eyes? Eyes are supposed to receive light and not transmit it!

(Yes, I do know that the LED is a reciprocal device and it sensitive to receive light at the frequency it would transmit it)

Reply to
gareth evans

A simple phone call.

Amazon website -> Contact (at bottom of page) -> "We can call you" -> Select item -> In drop down box Select "Other questions" and "Something else" and click on "Phone".

It was a couple of months ago.

Or I might have googled 'Amazon contact phone number' and got 0800 279 7234

Take your choice.

Either way I did well out of it. TBH, if you pay bottom prices for things you shouldn't expect great service.

Reply to
Fredxx

He went to the Amazon website. He pressed the button, top right, that says 'Returns & Orders' He found the relevant order and pressed the 'Problem with order' button, on the right. He then followed the instructions, according to his situation. It's quite simple.

Reply to
Peter Johnson

Because I could do all that locally, which makes life easier.

The bell push is wired back to an Arduino (and more) on the floor above.

Reply to
Bob Eager

See previous answer, just made.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Who was the carrier, I expect they gave it to somebody at another address somewhere.

Many of their drivers seem to get lost!

I'm sure there is a telephone number somewhere. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa