Wickes timber ordering

One of the few local suppliers which seems to have some timber I want has been Wickes.

I assembled my order - three different products - and tried to book delivery and pay.

I got a message saying no slots - they release slots every day, so try again tomorrow.

OK - do that. Twice. Getting nowhere absolutely not a single slot available.

Eventually realise that it is only saying no slots for one product. So I remove that and add the equivalent (different lengths of the same timber). Now one of the other products is out of stock. Substitute that as well, and eventually get a slot and pay.

But why do they tell me no delivery slots for a specific product? When I can get effectively the same product by changing lengths? I can see that if the product is out of stock, they expressly tell me that! It isn't even as if the products require a longer lorry rather than a van, or whatever. Some of my successful substitutes are actually longer.

Reply to
polygonum_on_google

I have no idea how it works, but to note Wickes is part of the Travis Perkins empire. I imagine some of the stock is direct-ship from suppliers, some from a different part of the empire and some of it might be coming from branches (Wickes or TP). It may be that if you end up with stock from different sources it can't organise them together.

Theo

Reply to
Theo

I have tried both and really, they are mostly crap.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Not for much longer. Having bought them 15 or so years ago, TP are floating off Wickes as a separate company.

Reply to
Andrew

I hadn't heard that! Thanks. We have TP and Wickes here.

Reply to
polygonum_on_google

The de-merger took effect today.

Reply to