So much for freedom from EU regulations

self drive cars to be limited to 37mph?

No. Its 60km/h.

So much for doing things differently

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Sure it's an EU regulation?

Many vehicle/driving regs come from the UN, looks like this one does

Andy Burns

Why a post? I must be understanding things wrongly. Surely on 'the Continent' speeds and distances etc are given in Kilometres (P/H) whilst in Britain though ostensibly we use the metric system speeds and distances are in Miles (P/H). So we limit ourselves to 60KPH for self drive cars,this is then translated, for the hard of thinking, to 37MPH .

We left the EU, We didn't turn the clock back till we used the Imperial system again. Yes I still think of wood as being 4x2 and 8x4 sheets. But now its 2metres of 4x2 and a 4mm sheet of 8x4, schizophrenic much?

Reply to
soup

You should be worrying about "green" welders, wine fridges, battery-powered washing machines and digital signage, apparently ...

Andy Burns

More likely 1.8m or 2.4m lengths, and are the sheets 1200x2400mm or

1220x2440mm, and why does it differ between wood and plasterboard?
Reply to
Andy Burns

Similar confusion for fences, which are available in 180 and 183 cm widths. The second one is, of course, 6 ft!

Reply to
Jeff Layman

Time we left them as well

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Most cars have metric speeds so how is that the EUs fault? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

That "regulation" is based on observed characteristics of existing systems, and their "event horizon". You can't drive faster, than the sensors can work.

If you want to drive 200kph in your car, simply switch off the lane-keeping or self-driving and have at it. The Autoban awaits. Climb out of the back seat and back into the front seat.

Paul

Reply to
Paul