Bloody Amazon!

Been waiting in all day for a parcel delivery, and then receive an email saying not only has it been delivered, but that is was handed to me personally, BUT NOTHING HAS ARRIVED AT ALL.

Obviously now need an email address or a telephone no to talk directly to a human, but either are impossible to find on their web page.

Tried using the assistant, but you just go round in circles.

How the hell do I get Amazon to investigate and then correct matters, for the web site for this item continues to insist that it has been delivered and there is no option against the purchase to register the dissatisfaction?

Reply to
gareth evans

Could you not make one call (successful or not) then request a chargeback from your card issuer?

Reply to
Scott

They're not handing anything over in person any more, they put it on the doorstep, knock/ring, then speak to you from the end of the drive, if you missed the knock/ring maybe it's behind a plant or in the wheelie bin?

Reply to
Andy Burns

OK ... what's the number to call?

Reply to
gareth evans

No, I'd already done that twice, last night and this morning, all wheelie bins, over the back fence, under the bushes in the garden and it's not there.

Another thing ... the front door has both a bell push and also a brass knocker, so when they do call, why do they tap so lightly on the door itself that it's nearly inaudible?

Reply to
gareth evans

You don't call them, they'll call you ...

Andy Burns

I can recommend Amazon Locker. Got one at my co-op.

A big orange thing, with loads of little lockers. Type in your number and a door opens, pick up you parcel. So far no need to talk to anyone or queue.

I prefer it to people knocking, or leaving the parcel somewhere random.

The only downside is that it doesn't accept big parcels. But with Amazon Prime it is ideal for all the little stuff I order.

Reply to
Pancho

Thats why I have all round CCTV coverage of my house, so I can review where the delivery person has been and what they actually did.

When I got home, I had an amazon card and it said "parcel Left behind side gate....."

I knew the side gate was padlocked and 6ft high so I checked the CCTV.

(The CCTV had once caught two window cleaners climbing over to clean our rear windows as they had not let us know in advance they were coming to clean so we could unlock side gate for them)

Sure enough, on the CCTV, the Amazon delivery person was seen to walk up to the side gate and throw a parcel over onto the garden pavement.....

Inside was a can of green paint which had split on impact. Thankfully it was inside a plastic bag which contained the spillage, protecting the rest of the parcel contents and also not leaked onto the garden pavement.

I complained and sent the footage across. They said to me to throw can in bin as I had sent pictures showing that I couldn't send back a drippping paint can and they sent me a new can.

(Amazon have a policy of sending out replacements straight away and you have 28 days to send old item back or your card gets double charged.)

Reply to
SH

That was done to me. Got money back without a quibble.

So I ordered another, and then some time after that was received a call from a neighbour with the original item.

I do wonder how Amazon make a profit!

Reply to
Fredxx

But how does that help when Amazon claim to have delivered something when I have been in all day and know that they definitely HAVE NOT?

Reply to
gareth evans

But HOW did you do that?

Reply to
gareth evans

door bells never work - that's why they don't ring them. I've added a sign

- "please ring bell", but most of them don't.

Reply to
charles

Andy, that's brilliant, thank-you.

Spoke to a chap, Maneesh, a bit difficult because of the rapid Indian accent and me being slightly deaf, but a free replacement is promised.

He called me from ...

02070 237937

But actually recommended for the future ...

0800 279 7234

HTH for anyone else in a similar situation.

Reply to
gareth evans

... except in this case, I've one bell push on the front door, another on the back gate, and repeater bells all over the house and down the garden.

AAMOI, I've a number of field telephones all on the same circuit in the house and down the garden so that me and "The Wife" can call each other from wherever we are, but we tend not to use them and go looking for t'other anyway! 2 of the telephones are "F" of 1935 vintage and work as solidly and as well as when they were made 76 years ago. Will the same ever be true of today's communications apparatus???? :-)

Reply to
gareth evans

Millions of successful transactions.

Reply to
jon

On Wed, 28 Apr 2021 11:03:28 +0100, SH snipped-for-privacy@spam.com wrote: [snip]

I had a delivery from Hermes. All afternoon the tracking variously told me it was running late, it was delivered and it would arrive the following day. After I complained, the courier turned up in a filthy mood and said he had tried to deliver the package earlier. I asked him which flat he went to and he said he didn't know.

Reply to
Scott

Me too. I have a brass plate between the knocker and the bell that says "PLEASE USE THE BELL". They still don't. The bell can be heard all over the house, even at the end of the garden. The knocker can't.

I'm still pondering adding a circuit to the knocker so that, if used, a loud voice intones: "PLEASE USE THE BELL!!".

Reply to
Bob Eager

Trigger a jacobs ladder from the knocker, or maybe just remove it?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Or it's just been stolen!

I was in all day around a week ago and the only way I was aware that something had been delivered during the day was when I went to my email at around 9pm and had a message to say that a package had been delivered at 1pm. I opened my front door and there it was in the middle of my pathway - no attempt to conceal it from view from the road. At no time during the day did the doorbell ring.

Reply to
alan_m

Interesting because my Hermes man (Cotton Traders deliveries) takes a photo of me and the house!

Reply to
gareth evans