1out of 3 aint bad.

3 parcels due to be delivered today, but as it happened I was out Fedex put it back on the truck.

Josie from some form of amazon delivery put it riund the side and dropped me a note.

But they had sent the wrong thing.

Postal service came out tops with a new car part from China. "Behind the bin " and it WAS the right part.

This country is coming apart at the seams.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Hit the button on some items in my amazon basket last night, thinking it would ask which delivery day I wanted, but it just immediately went to "thanks your order will be delivered tomorrow".

Really I wanted delivery tomorrow as I was out today, got home to emails of "your order has been handed to resident" searched the places they have previously abandoned stuff and had to check with two neighbours, apparently driver had just left stuff on doormat in plain sight, so the neighbour took it in ..

Reply to
Andy Burns

fenestrating

Reply to
jim.gm4dhj

wonder if amazone will deliver my new car battery upsidedown with all the acid flooding

Reply to
jim.gm4dhj

Better than throwing it over the hedge. I got a refund for that. It was days before I found it.

Well the wrong items they told me to keep, so a mate of mine will get them. New items allegedly on the way.]

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The ancient greek farts used to sit around in their togas or whatever they wore and rave on the same way.

Reply to
Rod Speed

I'm getting annoyed by Amazon. They appear never to have heard of doorbells. I only needed to be alerted it had arrived, but no, I had to wait some hours till an email arrived then wantder around feeling for a parcel. Being blind if it had been a wet day, it could have been ruined or nicked. It says on their delivery report handed to customer. Like hell it is. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

There problem is a lot of doorbells suffer from dead battery in the transmitter, so they assume they're all dead. You'd hope bright LEDs in the pushbutton ought to be a clue that mine is mains powered ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

In my experience most don't ring the doorbell even when the bell push is in an obvious place and much easier to push that trying to rattle my letter box!

I can hear the door bell anywhere in the house and even in my back garden but I find that most delivery persons will attempt a feeble knock on the front door or just lift and drop the letter box outer cover. I'm unlikely to hear the latter two unless I'm actually in the front of the house. My doorbell can also be heard by the person operating the bell push.

A friend has a CCTV camera with a person detection feature and has found on multiple occasions that the delivery person just opens the gate and drops the package behind the hedge rather than walking a few more feet to ring the doorbell.

Reply to
alan_m

All my doorphones are mains powered from the PABX..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Same here. Our doorbell push actually rings all ten VoIP phones round the house with a special urgent-sounding cadence. The doorbell push and knocker are about 15cm apart, with a brass plate in between that say PLEASE USE THE BELL.

I know Yodel are bad, but a supplier has started to use them. About 2 weeks ago I was awaiting a delivery, and had an email saying that they couldn't deliver as no-one was in, and they'd left a card. No card, and I was within 3 metres of the front door the whole time (it's where my workshop is). Two CCTV cameras showed that no-one had approached the front door since the previous day.

Got on live chat, and they confirmed that GPS showed they were nowhere near us when they recorded the 'attempted delivery'. They assured me it would be sorted. It wasn't. The next day they delivered 3 out of 4 packages, and when I attempted to raise this with the driver he walked off and got in his van. I thought he was checking, but he just drove off. They've clearly lost it, and I'm getting a refund. Live chat kept assuring me it was on a different van; it wasn't.

I've told the supplier they've had their last order from me; I've found somewhere else.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Sometimes it works out OK in the end ... remember last year I was moaning about DHL losing stuff? Eventually the laptop from europe which should have arrived first did arrive a fortnight after the one from china. Outer packaging was worse for wear, but inner was ok.

A week later they send me a refund :-)

Reply to
Andy Burns

I wouldn't be surprised. It's a 20kg bag of cat litter, so I doubt they'll be arsed.

I forgot to say that there is no ambiguity in the address. The main name of the road (e.g. Acacia) is unique in at least a 50 mile radius.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I recently installed a couple of doorbells and ringers from the Quinetic range; these need no batteries and generate a wireless pulse based on the energy of the (slightly harder than normal) press you make of the button. The batteryless operation allows them to be made water resistant to to IP... something, which was the main reason I decided to try this technology.

Rather to my surprise, the door bell has not stopped ringing ever since! That is, couriers *are* pressing the bell! I was not expecting there to be much change and wonder if they have previous been pressing the non-functioning bell pushes for years.

It is possible that they have just seen 'new bell push', and given it a press, I am not sure.

FWIW I think I recommend the Quinetic range for this purpose. I fitted the same to the M-I-L's door a couple of years ago and they have also worked for her. Available via TLC.

Reply to
jkn

we have a premade sign on our front door "please ring the bell", but it doesn't help.

Reply to
charles

In message <trimkt$1ca1k$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me, Brian Gaff snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com writes

A while back someone (I forget who) knocked on the door. I pointed out that the door bell worked, and was a better way of getting my attention. I was informed that they had been told by their management that they shouldn't use the bell as it might wake up any babies. So there you have it, they are being considerate towards the small proportion of the population that have babies.

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian

went out to post a letter, went to 3 different postboxes, all had the same collection time which was M-F 9.00 am and Sat 7.00 am all three originaly had different times, seems the Royal Mail dont want to deliver letters anymore.

Reply to
ponyface

I think that's about it. I had to replace one of my doorphones with a newer shinier one...Old one kept on ringing with no one there.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

'Josie' from Hermes shoved a letter in my letter box staying 'its round the side' Why not ring the bell Josie?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

That time is the last collection time, there may be collections at other times of the day.

Reply to
charles