1out of 3 aint bad.

If one of them was outside or near a Post Office use that one. It might say 4.30 or 5.00 on the box but there will be unadvertised collections during the day, when the van calls at the PO. (I won't bore you with the tale of my recent expeiences with one day's deliveries acouple of weeks ago, involving two from DPD, one from Amazon and one from RM. Only the last was as expected.)

Reply to
Peter Johnson

We have a Ring doorbell which causes our two Echo Shows plus a standard echo in the garage to chirp a message that says the camera has detected motion. The one in the garage can be heard on the drive which is handy to warn potential criminals they have been clocked. However, some delivery men seem to think they no longer need to ring the bell and just stand there like cheese at four pence. Although having been warned of motion detection setting the live view takes several seconds whilst pressing the doorbell gives instant picture and communication.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

I had an interesting one yesterday/today.

Evri delivered my amazon parcel which was signed for by Me at 21:13 thursday night. Picture just showed someones legs & feet.

It weren't me as I was at home ~5 miles away at 9pm. The GPS cordinanes were of the colleges Library square about 400 metres from the postroom that is open 9:00-17:00.

Got a email from our postroom today about 15:00 saying a parcel and been delivered . Yes it was the stuff I apparently signed for at 21:13 last night.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Fark, unlikely many delivery operations do that, if its actually true and not just a line of bullshit that delivery monkey used when you fronted him about his stupidity.

Reply to
Rod Speed

One of your neighbours fitting an identical brand of wireless doorbell and using the same (maybe default) coding ?

Reply to
alan_m

no. wired. not wireless.no neighbours. corrosion i guess

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The same 7am/9am around my way. The distribution centre (it used to be the main sorting office until that was centralised) originally had a last collection at 10 pm but now is 4pm. I remember once someone being astonished when on-line I replied to someone for the first at 8pm and promised to send an item to them - they got it by 8am the next morning. I didn't live too far from that sorting office.

Even now that the pre-Chistmas rush has ended I'm still getting RM deliveries taking a week so yes RM don't want to deliver letters and small parcels anymore.

Reply to
alan_m

7am is the early morning! I confirm that is the time on the post boxes local to me.
Reply to
alan_m

It seems that if the drivers take a photo of the package it is deemed to have been delivered. The fact that there are zero clues in the photo to show whare it has been delivered doesn't seem to matter.

Reply to
alan_m

The real last collection time is probably much later - they just don't want to guarantee it. So if you post your letter by 9, it will go today. If you post it at 10, it probably still will, but no guarantees. This means that they can empty it when they have someone passing, rather than having to send someone back in the afternoon in case someone posted a letter mid-morning.

If you want a postbox with a later last collection time, you'll probably find it at the sorting office. All our local postboxes say 9am, but the one outside the sorting office is 7:30pm.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Humphrey