Lowes blows

Went there yesterday to get a new leaf blower but they did not have what I wanted in the store. So, I got home and ordered it on line for home delivery. I get an email later in the day that it is ready for pickup at the store.

This is the second time I have ordered on line from Lowes and they screwed up both times.

I told the clerk when I picked up the leaf blower that I will shop in the future at the store but this is the last time I will order on line.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

And the woman replied "f*ck off."

Reply to
Frank

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Are you the same character that also loves micky?

Reply to
invalid unparseable

The team in the orange vests are not much smarter.

Neighbor bought a new refrigerator. The thing was on back-order for 5 weeks and when it was finally delivered, neighbor noticed someone had run a lift truck fork into the compressor/condenser compartment. Doh!

Reply to
devnull

I mentioned over a year ago a problem I had with HD on line ordering. I bought a mail box and they also sent a toilet seat and grill mat I had not ordered. Then I had to fight with them to get them to pick up the unrequested items. I was not billed for them and should have kept them. Better yet would have been to take to HD and try to get cash for them.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

On two occasions I ordered home deliver from Lowes.

Once for a Stove and once for a clothes drier.

I never had to leave my house and they were here within the window of time they gave me.

Very happy.

BTW: I always buy the cheap stuff without the expensive electronic controls.

All that stuff is BS

Reply to
philo

Glad you had good results. In the last 5 or so years I bought a range, dryer and washing machine all at different times.

The range delivery was confirmed on a telephone call two times a week apart and they failed. Finally got it on the third time.

Dryer was about 2 hours late.

Washing machine was delayed 3 times and I finally went to a store in the next town and picked it up myslef.

I had some carpet and wood flooring installed on two differnet times and that went very well.

Guess that if you buy any appliance , you better be able to take it with you from the stores around the middle of North Carolina.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery
< snips >

I really really wish that someone would make a front load washer without electronic controls ! My new-ish LG is crap <except for the high speed spin >

My old Frigidaire Gallery was great - no longer made. I might be looking at laundry mat commercial units, in a few years .. but but but .. they run about $ 7000. Canuck bucks - Ouch ! The energy-efficiency stats do not matter much to empty-nesters - give us an appliance that does the job - - quickly & efficiently - WiFi is not on my priority list ! John T.

Reply to
hubops

I bought appliances from a real appliance dealer and got equal or better price and much better service.

About a year ago bought a patio table and six chairs. Nothing but aggravation with delivery. It was on a truck and could not find the street even though they had directions. Ended up after many calls five days late.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

<snip>

When I was working, both Home Depot and Lowes were my customers. I was impressed with the way Lowes did things. They wanted a contract similar to the one we had with Home Depot but one step better.

That said , when I shop in person I go to Home Depot simply because it's a lot closer

Reply to
philo

Of course, one reason I got on-time delivery was because I think they gave me a six hour window.

Anyway, it was all well.

Reply to
philo

The stuff they do with those controls is just nuts.

Totally not needed.

Reply to
philo

I buy appliances from appliance dealers and lumber from lumber-yards, and hardware from hardware stores. I also buy groceries from grocery stores.

Sadly the lumber yards and hardware stores are getting scarce

Reply to
Clare Snyder

I am so lucky that I live very close to a lumber yard.

For years I'd go there and pick up large loads.

One day I got sick of it and said...OK, how much for delivery?

My orders were about double the size to qualify for free delivery!

Reply to
philo

You would think they had a GPS and a cell phone to call.

Around this small town there is only one applianc store left. They are not very good either.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Think about the poor driver, driving around hour after hour, spending 5 nights in the truck, nothing but Cheetos and Coca-Cola to eat, no heat unless he left the engine running. He suffered more than you.

Reply to
micky

Back before 9/11 when one could ship internationally on any carrier, I loaded up my convertible with about 19 boxes, some big, some medium, book boxes were small, going 3 feet higher than I was, and drove on back roads to the airport, hoping no cop would complain, and that I wouldn't have to stop suddenly. When I got there, got my own pallette. While paying for the shipping, I found out they would have picked it up for $10. Wasn't even my money.

Reply to
micky

Don;t they charge shipping for home delivery? If you paid shipping, did you get it back? If you didn;t pay shipping, maybe that was a clue it wasn't being delivered to your home?

Reply to
trader_4

That's not true. I saw a KFC box with two chicken bones in the truck.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

"Clare Snyder"

"The only really good place to buy lumber is at a store where the lumber has already been cut and attached together in the form of furniture and put inside boxes."

- Dave Barry

Reply to
Phil Kangas