Better get an allotment or a second hand refrigerated truck?

FFS, No it didn't. Social housing was passed on to the kids of the tenants, even if they had become far wealthier than their parents (frequently the case), so were quite capable of buying, but why would they when they are guaranteed a council house at peppercorn rent ?. Remember, Bob Crow and Frank Dobson both live(d) in council houses.

QED the stock of social housing has not changed.

What has changed since 2003 is the net increase in population every year equal to a city the size of Birmingham.

Reply to
Andrew

And he was more than happy to earn £1000 a week as a result, rather than pay all that pesky employees NI, but was happy enough to freeload off the NHS when health problems reared its head.

Reply to
Andrew

Becuse my lab as no heating or cooling even the illuminated fire exit point s to a sealed window and the other fire exit been block by the contractors

I used to bring sandwhiches in years ago, but leaving home at 8am and lunch was 1pm , the worst was prawn or egg. 4 hours out of a fridge is too long. On a few occasions I was so ill in the night I just kept throwing up and sh itting, couldn't even get to work for 2 days. I just though the sauce had a peppery taste, didn't realise it had gone off.

You just can't leave sandwhiches at those temperatures for 4 hours or more.

One of the colleges cafes I could go to.

Full English £4.50 or £6.25 for a big breakfast.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Well once all the bank branches have been closed we will be able to do away with all the 'bank holidays', since the internet servers don't have or need holidays.

About time to. They are a bloody nuisance to employers with daily production schedules.

Only Easter and Christmas day should be a public holiday. Everything else should be covered by annual leave entitlements.

Reply to
Andrew

The director of the Wales blood tranfusion centre at Rhydlafar was Scottish and after his annual fishing holiday he would store salmon (fishy sort) in the same chest freezer as frozen blood samples from donors and patients.

When he retired in 1969?, this freezer was defrosted, and a whole trout was found buried deep in the ice.

Reply to
Andrew

The Victoria tube line could have been driverless from the outset, and that was 40+ years ago.

The unions won't allow it.

One such ASLEF arsewipe was on the TV complaining about the suggestion to use CPI to decide fare increases.

Believe it or not his argument was that drivers might not be able to pay their gas bill if their wages were limited to CPI too. What a d*****ad.

Reply to
Andrew

It's actually how long we have rid the country of militant, bolshy trades unionism, thanks to Mrs T and Tony Blair (who kept all her legislation).

We have only been in the EU since 1992, which is 26 years.

Reply to
Andrew

I've heard of Unite. ;-)

Crooks and shysters?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

And with the lack of social housing, and housing benefit being cut, landlords now chuck out previous tenants on benifit so they can rent to councils who need 'short term' accomodation. Far more profitable for them. But guess who pays in the end?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Self employed pay NI too. A lesser sum as it doesn't provide unemployment, etc, pay.

You really need to do something about your resentments. Best find somewhere where there is no society, as you plainly don't want to be a member of one.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Why on earth would you have public holidays based on a religion very few indeed support anymore?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The fare paying public didn't want it either. In polls. Still don't.

But why should those who pay for the service be allowed to choose over you?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yup. And, of course, sold off all our industries to those nasty foreigners who apparently know how to work with unions. No surprise that doesn't suit a 'you'll do what I tell you too and be grateful for anything' sort of employer.

Very odd the way Tories don't like communism - but seem to like any other form of dictatorship.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

So large companies perhapos drug companies and large corporations which I have no control over I might indeed be paying £100s to them in tax or the profit they make from me buying anything from baked beans to a buggati I've no way of knowing how much any company gives to the tory party do you ?

And if you do can that money be reclaimed ?

Reply to
whisky-dave

Why have public holidays at all ?

Reply to
whisky-dave

carry on taking the tablets

Reply to
tim...

why have holidays? Public holidays were invented to all workers at least some time off.

Reply to
charles

holidays was originally holy days

Reply to
Martin

So ou-dated them just give peole time off then they can choose for themselves when they can take time off.

Dont; forget one of the biggest problems is loads of kids and parent all taking time off at the same time. Now whether or not that is a good or bad thing yuo decide

Reply to
whisky-dave

I see reading problems, did you see where I type the letters p u b l i c I know sometime they might be in a random order or I might miss the l, but loking back at my posyt I clearly see " Why have public holidays at all ?"

So I wasntl saying we shouldnlt; have holidays just perhaps not mass public ones all at the same time.

Reply to
whisky-dave