"Due To A Poor Harvest Season, We're Experiencing Shortages On Many Canned Vegetable Items"

"Since the mainstream media is being completely silent about this, many people on social media don't have much information to go on. Speculation is rampant, and many are fearing the worst."
======================== "Due To A Poor Harvest Season, We're Experiencing Shortages On Many Canned Vegetable Items"
Wed, 07/17/2019 - 10:05
Authored by Michael Snyder via The Economic Collapse blog
I know that this headline is alarming, but it is actually a direct quote from a notice that was recently posted in a Kroger supermarket.
https://www.zerohedge.com/s3/files/inline-images/Snip20190716_85.png
And as you will see below, similar notices are being posted in the canned vegetable sections of Wal-Mart stores nationwide. I would encourage you to examine the evidence in this article very carefully and to come to your own conclusions about what is happening. At this moment, social media is buzzing with reports of shortages of canned vegetables all around the country. But so far, the mainstream media is being eerily quiet about all of this. Is there a reason why they aren't saying anything?
For months, I have been reporting on the extremely bizarre weather patterns that are causing crop failures all over the planet. But I certainly did not expect that we would already begin to see product shortages on the shelves of major U.S. supermarkets this summer. What I am about to share with you is shocking, but the truth needs to get out. For those that share my articles on your own websites, I know that all of the images in this article are going to be an inconvenience, but it is imperative that you include them when you republish this article because they tell a story. All of the images are taken directly from Facebook, and they prove that we are now facing a nationwide shortage of canned vegetables.
So let's get started.
This first image was posted on Facebook by Scott L. Biddle, and it shows a "product shortage" notice that was posted in the canned vegetable section of a Wal-Mart in Tennessee
https://www.zerohedge.com/s3/files/inline-images/Snip20190716_84-540x815.png
All the way over on the west coast, similar notices were photographed by Gina Helm Taylor in the state of Oregon on July 12th
https://www.zerohedge.com/s3/files/inline-images/Food-Shortage-2-540x193.jpg
And here are a couple of notices that Daniel Moore was able to photograph during his lunch break at his local Wal-Mart
https://www.zerohedge.com/s3/files/inline-images/Snip20190716_86-540x579.png
It appears that the exact same notices were sent to Wal-Mart stores all across America. Here is another one from Carol Guy Hodges
https://www.zerohedge.com/s3/files/inline-images/Snip20190716_87-540x999.png
And lastly, here is a photo that was shared by Randy Sevy
https://www.zerohedge.com/s3/files/inline-images/Snip20190716_88-540x818.png
This certainly isn't the end of the world, and we can definitely survive without canned vegetables for a few weeks.
But as crop failures around the globe continue to intensify, will shortages such as this start to become increasingly common?
Earlier today, I received a very detailed email from a reader that had some excellent intel about what was going on at his own local Wal-Mart. The following is an excerpt from what he sent to me
This is alarming in and of itself, however, they are experiencing shortages across most product categories. The only information I could find online was pointing to a driver shortage. I noticed the shortage over the holiday weekend and returned this past weekend to take a closer look. There were problems with paper products, OTC medications, pickles (everyone wanted pickles?), lunch meats and hot dogs, vinegar, produce, alcohol, eggs, cereal, and feminine hygiene products. None of these items had signs like those posted in canned veggies, instead there were small tags placed over the original price tag the say "out of stock" in very small print.
While a driver shortage could cause issues, it's a little odd to me that there are 12 packs of toilet paper and 6 packs of coke but no 24 packs of either. One of the items being restocked were more of the 12 packs of toilet paper. Does a driver shortage account for this? Another oddity is that one Walmart may have pickles but no tortillas while the exact opposite will be true for a different Walmart. The employees that would normally be stocking were instead counting products (manually) and pulling product to the front of the shelves. There was a six foot stretch of Cheerios along one shelf that was one box deep, hiding the empty shelves behind them.
One more item to note is that the first trip I made over the fourth of July weekend was to purchase canned corn. They had 9 cans of what I was looking for so I purchased them all. The following weekend they had restocked the same corn (there were 10 cans) but the price had increased almost 30%! The original purchase was for $1.44 while one week later the price had increased to $1.88.
Sadly, the economic law of supply and demand is going to continue to push prices higher.
And the tighter that food supplies become, the higher prices will go.
Since the mainstream media is being completely silent about this, many people on social media don't have much information to go on. Speculation is rampant, and many are fearing the worst.
One Facebook user named Stephen Dubaniewicz believes that all of the product shortage notices at his local Wal-Mart could mean that a food shortage is on the way
Hopefully we have some more time before things start getting really bad, but I would encourage you to use this time to get prepared while you still can.
For months, I have been documenting the problems that U.S. farmers have been experiencing due to all of the endless rain and flooding in the middle of the country.
But sometimes a picture is worth a thousands words, and this before and after photo from Nebraska speaks volumes
https://www.zerohedge.com/s3/files/inline-images/Food-Shortage-7-540x743.jpg
We know that food production in the United States is going to be way below expectations this year.
And as I just showed you, it appears that a shortage of canned vegetables has already begun.
A full-blown crisis has not arrived yet, but perhaps one is a lot closer than many of us had anticipated.
This is a huge story, and I will continue to keep you updated.
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-07-17/due-poor-harvest-season-were-experiencing-shortages-many-canned-vegetable-items

Sounds more to me like that cheap stuff we were getting from Mexico is not as cheap anymore and the companies can't make money at the current price. American farmers are still growing corn because the government subsidizes it. Then we burn it in our cars.

https://insteading.com/blog/dent-corn-and-sweet-corn/
Feed it to cows or burn it in cars; yellow dent isn't particularly edible.

but it is a component in the majority of north american foods as either corn starch, corn sugar or corn oil.
On 07/17/2019 09:18 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:

A shortage of high fructose corn syrup and corn oil isn't a bad thing... It might even encourage people to eat real food.

But corn is NOT the only crop affected by the weather this year - by a LONG shot.

I am surprised nobody has pointed out we don't grow most of the real food crops here. They come from down south. I guess in their effort to hype global warming they gave up a chance to blame this on Trump's tariff. It is funny when the left argues with itself.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com writes:

Define "here". Also, define "real food crops".
On Thu, 18 Jul 2019 15:45:48 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal) wrote:

He's in that hellhole called Florida. Don't know what he eats but it looks like it doesn't agree with him - - - he's getting cranky .
On Thu, 18 Jul 2019 15:45:48 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal) wrote:

Here being the US and real food not being corn. Most of our fruits and produce is imported. We even import citrus in Florida. There is a big packing plant in Naples/Bonita that ships boxes saying "packed in Naples Florida" but if you watch the operation, those cardboard boxes are being packed with fruit grown in Mexico.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com writes:

California produces a large amount as do the midwest states (e.g. wild rice, peas, corn for human consumption, wheat, dry beans, oats, soybeans, apples etc.). And of course a lot of the field corn is used as animal feed, and so far as I'm aware, milk, beef, pork and chicken are all "food".
You'll need to provide some citations to back your assertions, because the word "most" in your statement is far from accurate.

Fuck all of the grain, milk etc is.

On Thu, 18 Jul 2019 11:26:48 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Within 100 miles we grow tomatos, apples, cherries, peaches, white beans, brown beans, soy beans, wheat, oats, barley,sweet corn, cucumbers, squash and pumpkins, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries,peas, carrots, turnips, potatos, peppers,pears, melons, lettuce, cabbage, kale, canola, mustard, onions, garlic, - add another 100 and add cranberries and wild rice - just for starters. And thats all north of your northern border.
The late wet spring has delayed many of these crops this year - and limitted production of quite a few.
A really good year for US crop failures for the export crops with TRump's foolish trade wars cutting off the chinese and mexican markets (among others)

And on a recent drive to Bruce county, the roadside elderberry bushes were bloomin' beautiful ! ... not sure if that is any indication of a good crop , though. John T.
On Thu, 18 Jul 2019 15:59:42 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca wrote:

elderberry fritters!!!!! YUMMM!!! (For those who don't know - they are made usingthe FLOWERS of the elderberry.) Elderberry pie is good too (uses the berry) and I hear elderberry wine is pretty good too - - - -

My Dad used to make Elderberry blossom wine every year.

And that’s likely what spawned you in the first place.
On 7/18/19 11:17 AM, Clare Snyder wrote:

I caught one of the early morning farm shows a couple weekends ago. There is some odd pig disease that has decimated Chinese and Vietnamese hog populations. I think they said half of the Chinese hog population is gone.
On Thu, 18 Jul 2019 20:10:40 -0500, Dean Hoffman

African Swine Ferver

So you agree they are not growing food crops.