"Due To A Poor Harvest Season, We're Experiencing Shortages On Many Canned Vegetable Items"

"Since the mainstream media is being completely
silent about this, many people on social media
don't have much information to go on.
Speculation is rampant, and many are fearing
the worst."
=========================
"Due To A Poor Harvest Season, We're Experiencing Shortages On Many
Canned Vegetable Items"
Wed, 07/17/2019 - 10:05
Authored by Michael Snyder via The Economic Collapse blog
I know that this headline is alarming, but it is actually a direct quote
from a notice that was recently posted in a Kroger supermarket.

And as you will see below, similar notices are being posted in the
canned vegetable sections of Wal-Mart stores nationwide. I would
encourage you to examine the evidence in this article very carefully and
to come to your own conclusions about what is happening. At this
moment, social media is buzzing with reports of shortages of canned
vegetables all around the country. But so far, the mainstream media is
being eerily quiet about all of this. Is there a reason why they aren't
saying anything?
For months, I have been reporting on the extremely bizarre weather
patterns that are causing crop failures all over the planet. But I
certainly did not expect that we would already begin to see product
shortages on the shelves of major U.S. supermarkets this summer. What I
am about to share with you is shocking, but the truth needs to get out.
For those that share my articles on your own websites, I know that all
of the images in this article are going to be an inconvenience, but it
is imperative that you include them when you republish this article
because they tell a story. All of the images are taken directly from
Facebook, and they prove that we are now facing a nationwide shortage of
canned vegetables.
So let's get started.
This first image was posted on Facebook by Scott L. Biddle, and it shows
a "product shortage" notice that was posted in the canned vegetable
section of a Wal-Mart in Tennessee

All the way over on the west coast, similar notices were photographed by
Gina Helm Taylor in the state of Oregon on July 12th

And here are a couple of notices that Daniel Moore was able to
photograph during his lunch break at his local Wal-Mart

It appears that the exact same notices were sent to Wal-Mart stores all
across America. Here is another one from Carol Guy Hodges

And lastly, here is a photo that was shared by Randy Sevy

This certainly isn't the end of the world, and we can definitely survive
without canned vegetables for a few weeks.
But as crop failures around the globe continue to intensify, will
shortages such as this start to become increasingly common?
Earlier today, I received a very detailed email from a reader that had
some excellent intel about what was going on at his own local Wal-Mart.
The following is an excerpt from what he sent to me
This is alarming in and of itself, however, they are experiencing
shortages across most product categories. The only information I could
find online was pointing to a driver shortage. I noticed the shortage
over the holiday weekend and returned this past weekend to take a closer
look. There were problems with paper products, OTC medications, pickles
(everyone wanted pickles?), lunch meats and hot dogs, vinegar, produce,
alcohol, eggs, cereal, and feminine hygiene products. None of these
items had signs like those posted in canned veggies, instead there were
small tags placed over the original price tag the say "out of stock" in
very small print.
While a driver shortage could cause issues, it's a little odd to me
that there are 12 packs of toilet paper and 6 packs of coke but no 24
packs of either. One of the items being restocked were more of the 12
packs of toilet paper. Does a driver shortage account for this? Another
oddity is that one Walmart may have pickles but no tortillas while the
exact opposite will be true for a different Walmart. The employees that
would normally be stocking were instead counting products (manually) and
pulling product to the front of the shelves. There was a six foot
stretch of Cheerios along one shelf that was one box deep, hiding the
empty shelves behind them.
One more item to note is that the first trip I made over the fourth
of July weekend was to purchase canned corn. They had 9 cans of what I
was looking for so I purchased them all. The following weekend they had
restocked the same corn (there were 10 cans) but the price had increased
almost 30%! The original purchase was for $1.44 while one week later the
price had increased to $1.88.
Sadly, the economic law of supply and demand is going to continue to
push prices higher.
And the tighter that food supplies become, the higher prices will go.
Since the mainstream media is being completely silent about this, many
people on social media don't have much information to go on.
Speculation is rampant, and many are fearing the worst.
One Facebook user named Stephen Dubaniewicz believes that all of the
product shortage notices at his local Wal-Mart could mean that a food
shortage is on the way
Hopefully we have some more time before things start getting really bad,
but I would encourage you to use this time to get prepared while you
still can.
For months, I have been documenting the problems that U.S. farmers have
been experiencing due to all of the endless rain and flooding in the
middle of the country.
But sometimes a picture is worth a thousands words, and this before and
after photo from Nebraska speaks volumes

We know that food production in the United States is going to be way
below expectations this year.
And as I just showed you, it appears that a shortage of canned
vegetables has already begun.
A full-blown crisis has not arrived yet, but perhaps one is a lot closer
than many of us had anticipated.
This is a huge story, and I will continue to keep you updated.

Reply to
Home Guy
Sounds more to me like that cheap stuff we were getting from Mexico is not as cheap anymore and the companies can't make money at the current price. American farmers are still growing corn because the government subsidizes it. Then we burn it in our cars.
Reply to
gfretwell

Feed it to cows or burn it in cars; yellow dent isn't particularly edible.
Reply to
rbowman
"Global warming" is a natural process resulting from us emerging from the Little Ice Age, fuckwit. Nothing you can do to stop it.
Reply to
Roger Blake
On Wed, 17 Jul 2019 20:53:09 -0600, rbowman wrote:
but it is a component in the majority of north american foods as either corn starch, corn sugar or corn oil.
Reply to
Clare Snyder
On Wed, 17 Jul 2019 20:53:09 -0600, rbowman wrote:
So you agree they are not growing food crops.
Reply to
gfretwell
A shortage of high fructose corn syrup and corn oil isn't a bad thing... It might even encourage people to eat real food.
Reply to
rbowman
Some ultimately winds up on the table as a corn product, but most passes through a cow first.
Reply to
rbowman
You will find that *HF Corn Syrup* is used as the primary sweetening agent in the US, the HF referring to *High Fructose*. That, in itself, is bad since it is very high in Fructose and, over the long term, can create issues with the liver and obesity.

Both videos are worth watching, very enlightening.
Reply to
Xeno
On Wed, 17 Jul 2019 22:15:55 -0600, rbowman wrote:
But corn is NOT the only crop affected by the weather this year - by a LONG shot.
Reply to
Clare Snyder
If people are having droughts and floods it sounds more like a water management problem than a climate problem. I don't doubt that when you cut down a rain forest that is good at retaining water and make it farm land the land will not be good at retaining or absorbing all of that water. I don't need to go to Africa to see that. I can drive 150 miles Northeast to the Kissimmee basin and see it. The FDR government decided draining the swamp was good for us and now we have droughts and floods.
Reply to
gfretwell
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com writes:
Wow. It's pretty clear that you have neither a science background; nor a grasp on simple logic. (Hint: "droughts and floods" are the effect of "climate").
Reply to
Scott Lurndal
How old is the data in that article? They say R-22 is the most popular refrigerant out there and I don't think they have made a new R-22 system in over a decade. Then they show cars that never used R-22.
The idea that you can use CO2 as a practical refrigerant is pretty silly too. The system pressures would be ridiculous. The vapor pressure of CO2 is 837 PSI at 20c (68 degrees). Condenser temperatures approach twice that.
Reply to
gfretwell
On Thu, 18 Jul 2019 10:39:35 -0400, Clare Snyder wrote:
I am surprised nobody has pointed out we don't grow most of the real food crops here. They come from down south. I guess in their effort to hype global warming they gave up a chance to blame this on Trump's tariff. It is funny when the left argues with itself.
Reply to
gfretwell
Within 100 miles we grow tomatos, apples, cherries, peaches, white beans, brown beans, soy beans, wheat, oats, barley,sweet corn, cucumbers, squash and pumpkins, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries,peas, carrots, turnips, potatos, peppers,pears, melons, lettuce, cabbage, kale, canola, mustard, onions, garlic, - add another 100 and add cranberries and wild rice - just for starters. And thats all north of your northern border.
The late wet spring has delayed many of these crops this year - and limitted production of quite a few.
A really good year for US crop failures for the export crops with TRump's foolish trade wars cutting off the chinese and mexican markets (among others)
Reply to
Clare Snyder
On Thu, 18 Jul 2019 15:30:33 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal) wrote:
Available but not widespread transcritical systems running at high pressure and more complex system. unlikely to become mainstream in your lifetime.
Reply to
Clare Snyder
On Thu, 18 Jul 2019 15:45:48 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal) wrote:
He's in that hellhole called Florida. Don't know what he eats but it looks like it doesn't agree with him - - - he's getting cranky .
Reply to
Clare Snyder
Problem is that it isnt even possible to manage that sort of problem.
We got the Federation Drought and the Goyder Line without doing that.
No evidence that draining the swamp produced that.
It clearly didn?t with St Petersburg which was built on a swamp.
Reply to
Rod Speed

Site Timeline Threads