Replaccment flat roof costs?

Anyone recently had any flat roofing work done and idea of the costs per square metre for a double garage?
Either torch on felt or that new ODPM ?,stuff and the way its sagged i expect new rood boarding to replace the likely bu^^ered chipboard appx 36 meters square of it too! Mid Anglia area?.
Cheers..
--
Tony Sayer

On 09/08/18 18:58, tony sayer wrote:

There's a number of choices:
Fibreglass - needs to be done by people who understand it and do it all the time - can be buggered up easily by random people who don't understand it and don't read the instructions. (Based on 2 stories recounted to me)
ODPM - ditto I suspect.
Torch on felt - probably the easiest to find competent operators. Should last 15+ years if done right.
Metal - overlooked option. I don't mean lead (heavy) or copper (nickable) - more thinking ali or zinc. Should be very long lived if done right.
Pressed corrugated ali sheets are pretty common as roofing in industrial settings so should be easy to find someone who can do it.
On 09/08/18 19:17, Tim Watts wrote:

As for prices:
20m2 cost me £1800+VAT in 2012, BUT that included replacing the OSB decking AND adding 50mm celotex between the rafters.
But it might give you an idea.
I would expect the felt operation to be perhaps 1/4 - 1/3 of the above. Sorry, my quote was not itemised.
On 09/08/2018 19:20, Tim Watts wrote:

That was cheap. £100 per square metre for new OSB decking and builtup felt seems to be typical figure now.
On 09/08/18 20:50, Andrew wrote:

Yes - I guess it was a good deal. To be fair, the scaffolding was already up for the roof tiles and they bloke was on site. The flat roof only became apparent how bad it was when they were up it to do the tiling around it.
Turned out the original deck was chipboard and was pretty much knackered - and that the last person to felt the roof had applied about 3 layers over the existing layers, so it was basically just "structural" felt!
On 09/08/2018 18:58, tony sayer wrote:

What is rood boarding ?.
Being a garage you must be able to see the underside of the roof, so any wet and sagging chipboard is obvious.
You've had 3 months of dry weather to have it done, and now it will be wet for a week or so, then getting hotter again !!
On 09/08/18 20:53, Andrew wrote:

I'm guessing "roof" typed on a phone with fat fingers :)
I too hate typing on smart phones....

Really - oh bum. I rather like it at present.

Summatt found in a church perhaps;?

Its been plaster boarded over with some fibreglass in there.

Theres the thing there was just one point leaking very little, now its bloody coming through everywhere, suppose the heats cracked the old felt even more!..
--
Tony Sayer