Better get an allotment or a second hand refrigerated truck?

Very interesting piece on NewsNight earlier about the true costs to the taxpayer in general through not having enough social housing. Well worth a view.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

More bollocks. You need to get out more.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Says it all really. The job of a union is to help the public. Not the members who pay for it.

Is this the view of the rest of your Tory party?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Sure, but that?s just as true inside the EU too.

Bullshit the UK is.

Only in theory. And the UK has the same say in NATO that it always had when out of the EU anyway.

So has the UK with the Typhoon.

That isnt the reason. The reason is that they have saved your bacon twice now.

it just makes it

Even sillier than you usually manage, and that?s saying something.

Reply to
John Angus

Yep.

Anything May has put forward gets stamped on by RM and

They get no say on policy.

Sure, but that's just those two.

Reply to
John Angus

Idiot.

Reply to
Bob Martin

You sig is sposed to have a line with just -- on it in front of it, f****it.

Reply to
John Angus

You need to talk about penises, they seem to be his pet subject. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

yes I dont belong to a union I am a memebr of UNITR if that;s what you mean.

Are politcal levies voluntary ?, I hear that some companies give money to the tory party but I canlt when buying a timn of bean say I;m not paying the political levy on any product. But how does the tory party get it's money from ?

What makes yuo say that I;ve not said such a thing.

I said all train drives get their salery irrespective of whether or not they join the union.

You needed to shift the goal posts to score and still missed .

Reply to
whisky-dave

Define convenience. Here we have 2 fridge freezers shared by about 30+ and up to 80 reaserch students and staff, we have 2 microwaves if they are both still working. I neary thew up last time the fridge was opened can you imaging the strange smell of ready to microwave food stored by a few dozen chinese students that they have prepared at home. No thanks I have a choice so I buy samdwiches, I just can't bare the thought of storing my homemade sandwhiches next to duck penises or whatever ....

In april 2017 one memeber of staff got so annoyed and decided to clear the fridge out and found rotten food in there dated from 2016.

Reply to
whisky-dave

he country ? And even if they are legal why haven't the unions insisted tha t fruit pickers get the minimum wage ?

e same as tube drivers havign to work all day in the dark.

At least the same as tube drivers or someone else. ?

gains of a 2nd home while worling unlike MPs who seem to like having a seco nd home.

What si the minium wage you would work for to pick fruit ? or of course wash a car ?

How far would you be willing to travel as fruit pcikign isn;t exactly a cit y job.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Isn't there an alt.1960s.throwback for this sort of thing? This groups is more for nailing pieces of wood together.

Reply to
mechanic

The WTO isn't a trade agreement, it's a forum for negotiating such agreements between member states.

mechanic

And isn't it ironic that the WTO has been the core of Rods 'argument;' all this time, you would have thought he would have known all about it? ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

You're not going to get much from me on that point - as much as they need, perhaps.

Personally? Not sure I'm fit enough, but I'd give it a go in the absence of anything else. I'd commute maybe 10 miles, or take basic accommodation etc.

It's not much use asking me in any case as I have enough money for my needs - I (pretty much) work because I want to.

Reply to
RJH

Well, you used vegetable pickers in your example. Which I know aren't public sector workers - which is why your example doesn't apply.

Even if you could make sense of that it looks like an edge case to me - astonishingly little precedent to be found there because of the specific circumstances. Just give an example of one fruit picking company (if there is such a thing) that legally pays 'slave labour wages' as you seem to think and I'll move on.

The public sector, btw, matters for procurement. If Polish firms tendered for a contract in the UK but had to pay UK rates of pay to their Polish workers it would put them at a disadvantage. Not saying that's right. Just saying.

Reply to
RJH

the country ? And even if they are legal why haven't the unions insisted t hat fruit pickers get the minimum wage ?

the same as tube drivers havign to work all day in the dark.

What does that mean then.

e gains of a 2nd home while worling unlike MPs who seem to like having a se cond home.

fro a few months of the year what about the rest of the year ? You;d give up a full time job to fruit pick and have any dole money cut bec ause yuo were in workl and couldnlt claim until about 6-8 weeks after your last pay packet.

Is that why most people work ?

Reply to
whisky-dave

What is UNITR?

Yes. ISTR you have to opt in to paying one.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

[snip]

Why would you need to store your lunchtime sandwiches in a fridge?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

sorry UNITE E replaced with R difficult to understand I guess. in case you haven't heard of it.

So where do the conseratives get their money from ?

Reply to
whisky-dave