extra wide hand truck source??

I am in need of a hand truck of 36" width at a reasonable price. It needn't be super heavy duty, like the expensive ones I keep running into at this width, but like normal 500-600 lb. capacity models, except 36" width. Can anyone suggest a source for these or, as a last resort, plans for constructing one out of treated wood? I'd rather find a source if possible.

Thanks, Jim Booth

Reply to
Jim Booth

Just a wild idea, but maybe you could tie or weld two of these together? As long as they are aligned, it should work, no?

Reply to
gabriel

Or maybe just bold / weld a 36" piece on the bottom.

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

Yes, and watch your ankles.... OUCH! :-)

Reply to
gabriel

Add onto an existing one. A couple of pieces of 1/2" plywood will do.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

May not be completely steady with a wide object, but similarly, a wide piece of plywood attached across two hand trucks at the same time might accomplish what is needed.

Reply to
Upscale

Try a material handling company, Graingers, McMasters, Ect. Get on for

55gal drum. Close to the width you need. Dave

TeamCasa

get two of the cheap ones and take them to a welding shop?

Reply to
Bridger

Take a _standard_ one. add a wide foot-plate, and maybe a wide piece on the back, as well.

Note: a full 36" wide will present real problems going through standard doorways. the door is 36" wide, but the clear opening is only about 35-1/4" at most. Often less than 33", if the door only opens approx. 90 degrees.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi