Hand cart axle

What is the "official" name of the washer that prevents the wheel from slipping off the end of the axle?

Reply to
GARYWC

What is the "official" name of the washer that prevents the wheel from slipping off the end of the axle?

Reply to
GARYWC

What is the "official" name of the washer that prevents the wheel from slipping off the end of the axle?

(I've describee the washer at Lowes, Home Depot or Ace Hardware but no one knows what I'm talking about)

Reply to
GARYWC

I've put the wheel onto the axle. What is the "official" name of the washer that's pounded onto the axle that prevents the wheel from slipping off the end of the axle?

(I've described the washer at Lowes, Home Depot or Ace Hardware but no one knows what I'm talking about).

Reply to
GARYWC

Called "Push Nut Cap for UNthreaded Axle"

See picture at

Retired

The Push Nut Cap fits on the end of the axle.

I need a "washer" that can be pounded 1"-2" along the axle.

The "washer" I need looks something like an Internal-Tooth Lock Washer at

The diameter of the axle is 1/2"

Reply to
GARYWC

GARYWC submitted this idea :

I have seen similar things being called "keepers" but YMMV.

Reply to
FromTheRafters

Gary,

One picture is worth a thousand words. Post a picture of the old "washer" somewhere. At a guess, you want a push nut

Dave M.

Reply to
David L. Martel

Rusted?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Or take a picture of it with your smartphone down to the local Ace Hardware or maybe to the auto parts store. My younger co workers take and send a lot of pictures. That sure saves a lot of guessing.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Then post it here in five separate threads - that should increase your odds of a good answer.

Reply to
Taxed and Spent

"washer"

Reply to
Terry Coombs

"Cap nut"

Reply to
bob_villain

"Push-nut" or "retaining washer". I'm sure there must be some patent-holder's name associated with them similar as to Philips or Roberson screws, but I'm not aware of it...

Reply to
dpb

Google is your friend. Why come here first?

Reply to
Frank

If your cart/dolly/truck has these...it is light-duty.

Reply to
bob_villain

There wasn't an "Edit" option so I couldn't change previously-submitted posts to provide more/better information. My only choice was to delete the post and post a new one.

Reply to
GARYWC

Your original post was not "deleted". AFAIK, you cannot delete a post from usenet.

Your other "choice" was to simply continue the previous thread by providing more/correct info in a new *post*, not a new *thread*.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

On 07/22/2016 7:54 AM, dpb wrote: ...

BTW, there'll be a selection in the specialty hardware selection boxes at any decent hardware store...

Reply to
dpb

Then why is there a "Delete post" option.

Reply to
GARYWC