Beeny's back

I know 2 sellers in the south east who have had no enquiries, even at

2004 price levels. One is resigned to taking a 10% cut on what he paid 2 years ago. Of course we're short of houses but it doesn't help when everyone trades up to the biggest house they can just about pay this month's mortgage on. Tax free profits and cheap loans have distorted the market somewhat I think.
Reply to
Stuart Noble

"Don't worry darling, I'm on the Pill"

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Which routes do they fly - Coventry to Dresden?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Two years? He was obviously playing the property market and not buying to live in. Over a few more years he would not lose.

You can lose over a short time if thinks shift a little. In the medium to long term...er...no. In 2004 the prices around him may have been inflated and now they are getting the realistic figure.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

So, whatever the reasons, you agree that prices *are* falling in some places already.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Of course its a load of marketing bollocks. Like most other things that are sold to non professionals.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Now we're going the track to the inevitable "I promise not to *** in your *****"

Reply to
Andy Hall

My God!!! A tart as well!!!

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

(a) Don't be coarse (b) She should be grateful (c) That's why women have ears - they don't use them for listening with (c) No need to worry if she's on the Pill...

Owain

Reply to
Owain

No.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Maybe in the odd street or two. Don't expect an epidemic though.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

In message , Doctor Drivel writes

You seem to misunderstand the probable effect of bursting the confidence bubble

Rising house prices have been happening because ... house prices have been rising

Reply to
geoff

Maxie, you superb indeed. You are a profound deep thinker.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Doesn't the (widening) gap between the number of new houses built each year and the number "needed" come into the equation?

Reply to
Peter Lynch

In message , Adrian C writes

Now that I like, very hackish and probably very effective too.

Reply to
Clint Sharp

Of course, but if you look at the context, I was giving a simplistic response to a simplistic troll

Reply to
geoff

One million Eastern Europeans doesn't help.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Hello Maxie. Have you a handle on the flatulence yet?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

ren't they the ones who are building the houses?

Reply to
Peter Lynch

Oh come on, the population of Lowestoft isn't that large.

Reply to
Andy Hall