Property Ladder on now

Just watching Property Ladder as I type this. Anyone want to offer me odds that before the end of the programme the woman doing the loft conversion is going to get a visit from a Building Control Officer telling her that it doesn't comply, and that porthole's go to go?

Reply to
Hugo Nebula

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 20:35:20 +0100, a particular chimpanzee named Hugo Nebula randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

No mention of Building Regulations. The second floor was open to the stairs at the first floor, the stairs came down into the rear lounge & kitchen, and for good measure that porthole created a non-fire resisting opening between the stair and front lounge. Not a fire door in sight, and the Veluxes were much too high for means of escape. God knows if they reinstated the purlin that had been cut away in the early shots.

Reply to
Hugo Nebula

Too risky. You might have "inside knowledge"...... :-)

Reply to
Andy Hall

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 22:07:31 +0100, a particular chimpanzee named Andy Hall randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

'Fraid not. I used to work in another historic South-West city, not Salisbury.

Reply to
Hugo Nebula

Must have been a real challenge being a BCO for a World Heritage Site...

I think that the Romans had the best ideas. It all seems to have gone down hill after that....

Reply to
Andy Hall

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to