Beeny's back

The outcome is unpredictable, chaotic, no way to run a whelk stall.

I was in Ireland Ca. 1992/3 when as a result of a PR election when the "winner" although gaining a simple majority did not achieve a clear majority, as a result the balloting went ono a second round during which she (Mary McAleese IIRCt) went from being a clear winner to absolute obscurity and lost.

You've lost me there.

DG

Reply to
Derek Geldard

How else do you describe a situation where a party wins an election with fewer votes than the opposition?

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Some years ago on a Heathrow/Belfast shuttle, I sat a few rows back from Ian. *the* Ian.

Now the thing was, whether you agreed with him or not, by the time we had passed Oxford, there was no confusion in the mind of any passenger as to where he stood on any issue.

Why do we need fudging?

Reply to
Andy Hall

That wicked witch has a lot to answer for.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

You shouldn't be so unkind about Mrs. Prescott. She may have questionable hairdos, but she has a lot to tolerate as well.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Matt, you are also a plantpot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Matt, was he shouting around the plane about hating Catholics and all that?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Not quite, but there was a small individual sitting next to him who I think had asked him a question or said something not agreed with. There was a booming reply:

"Now let me tell yoooo....."

The whole plane fell silent and people visibly shrank into their seats in anticipation of what would be said next but the rest of what was said was almost a whisper and couldn't be heard above the engines. Shame really, it was probably a gem.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Did anyone else watch PL last night - the house in Chiswick with the huge basement. I think that the couple were mistaken from the very beginning with the original planning permission. Surely the cost effective way would have been to knock the building down and rebuild with either the whimsical basement conversion or more realistically a

3 storey building of 3 flats??

A few other phrases come to mind with that project; " I'm not listening to Sarah whatever she says", "Henpecked husband", "Rising damp" and "Location".

My guess is that there will always be damp problems with the house as it wasn't tanked in one complete go. They didn't show enough about the damp problem to say if the whole basement was ripped out and retanked or just patched up.

The woman expected to get =A31.3million, but really in this market? I would love to know how that house is selling. Can anyone locate it on googlemaps and rightmove?

Reply to
Martyn Pollard

Not sold yet. Try:

?x=519663&y=178061&z=0apologies if these wrap.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew May

Matt, it probably was not a gem and related to hating Catholics.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Who knows, and it hardly matters now anyway.

Reply to
Andy Hall