Property Ladder programme

'see this programme this evening? Once again made for T/V, little or no educational value, giving aspirations to viewers of great fortune for little effort and even less skill, and a few prize items to boot:

- they nipped on the ferry to France for shopping at their Builder's Merchants, saving just £150 in all. Let's hope they don't have to take anything back for replacement or need just another small compatible item....

-declaring a "gross profit of £14,000" on the project. My mate made a gross profit of over £1,000,000 last year, and went bankrupt in the process!

Reply to
BAH

The producers of this crap seem to be of the same genre as those who do "reality TV".

It's somewhat insulting that they think that the viewing public is gullible, stupid or even interested in this nonsense.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Actually it seems to be the opposite of the usual 'Big Strong Boys' or 'House Invaders' etc., rather than making everything look simple, easy and quick this programme does point out / some / of the financial pit falls people can get into with home improvements (i.e. spending more money on a property than you can expect a return fore when it's time to sell IYSWIM.

But they must be, otherwise it would not be aired in a prim-time slot, the viewing figures must be showing that the programme attracts viewers and thus advertising (which is what pays the bills after all)...

Reply to
Jerry.

But of course they are.....................you watch it don't you? You can almost guarantee that someone will make a post on here after the program so most here also watch it !!

Reply to
Angela

no' me, though I'm not yer average TV viewer :) In that I watch about

4 hours a week......

-- cheers,

witchy/binarydinosaurs

Reply to
Witchy

I wish. I'm lucky if I've got time to listen to Radio 4 for 30 minutes a week, let alone watch television.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

"BAH" wrote | -declaring a "gross profit of £14,000" on the project. My mate made | a gross profit of over £1,000,000 last year, and went bankrupt in the | process!

He'd have been better off making a gross profit of £14,000 and not going bankrupt wouldn't he?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Gah - I've missed the R4 nightly comedy half hour *again*! Curses.

-- cheers,

witchy/binarydinosaurs

Reply to
Witchy

Look in Wednesdays Evening standard property supplement. Property Ladder are looking for new "Developers"

Reply to
Sploop