Problem with Tricity Bendix programme timer

Hi there

We have a Tricity Bendix cooker which generated a problem last night. Sometime during the eveing (when the appliance was not being used) the programme timer/clock display disappeared. As the double oven will not work without the clock being set, as you can imagine, this is causing us a problem. The hob it still working fine which proves there is power. Can anyone give me some pointers to what the problem may be.

Thanks in advance

Craig

Reply to
Craig

The clock itself has gone belly up in water, and needs replaced. The connections to the clock have fallen off or broken. The components that create the lower voltage to run the clock have failed.

Need more input mate. What does it look like in there.

Reply to
BigWallop

Hi

The clock has come back on without me doing anything to the cooker. Have I just got lucky or could this problem be something else

Craig

Reply to
Craig

What else was running when this weird thing happened to the cooker clock? Was there a crackling sound from anywhere? Did you smell burning plastic at all?

Don't know mate, you may have just killed a gremlin in your cooker. :-)

Reply to
BigWallop

I didnt notice anything funny when the timer went off. I wasnt in the room at the time. It has gone off again though so it looks like an intermittent problem. How to I get the lid off to have a look inside.

Again, thanks for any help

Craig

Reply to
Craig

Some machines - 2 screws at the back, then slid lid forward (or back) a bit, then off, they often don't lift straight off. May not be timer problem - maybe pcb - there's a module that's easily replaced.

Reply to
Hugh

Thanks

the timer has now come back on. it went off Saturday evening and came back on at 11am today (Monday) . Does that sound like the pcb?

Reply to
Craig

Sounds more like a sleep mode when the appliance isn't being used to me. But you really need to read the instruction booklet to find out for sure. An intermittent fault like that is difficult to find unless you know where exactly to look and test, so I'd be inclined to tell you to leave it alone unless you want to make it worse by fiddling with it. :-))

Reply to
BigWallop

Thanks for the advice

The appliance is almost 3 years old and has just started doing this so I'm pretty sure its not going into sleep mode. The only evidence I can offer is that it appears to turn off a few hours after the timer is used, though we have used the timer in between the 2 ocurrances without any problems.

Hope this further info is useful.

Craig

Reply to
Craig

This is a problem then, and I'd suggest a word with the makers is your best option for a resolution. There will be a tech' help line number on the appliance somewhere, usually sited on a little plate at the back, or on the instruction manual.

Good luck with it.

Reply to
BigWallop