Adobe photo downloader

I have Photoshop 4, ancient and long superceded but it does all I want. I run it under 32 bit Win 7. My new-to-me computer running

64-bit Win 7 won't run PS 4, so I've had to upgrade to PS 7. Unfortunately the upgrade doesn't include the rather convenient downloader, which sits in my system tray and allows me to grab the pictures straight from my camera and put them into Photoshop. There are probably ways of doing it in the upgraded version - I've not explored in detail, but does anyone know of a downloader that can be used with Photoshop 7 and does much the same thing, as an alternative to the PS 4 version?
Reply to
Chris Hogg

You could have installed Win 7 32 bit in virtual box (or MS Virtual PC that comes with Win 7) and done it that way.

They probably use "Bridge" for the same thing in later versions (or possibly lightroom)

I normally find its easiest to simply plug the camera's memory card into the PC and copy the files directly.

Reply to
John Rumm

What if this computer has an OEM 64-bit Win7 installation ?. I didn't think you could install the 32-bit version unless you have a full retail license for that copy of Win. The OEM version will be tied to the major hardware components, surely ?.

Reply to
Andrew

Chances are the license for the old Win 7 32 will reactivate if its not been activated in a long time...

And once you have one activated VM, its easy to clone.

Reply to
John Rumm