Subject Author Posted Replies

Recording and editing audio?
Hi all, Sister was given Dads (passed away 6 years ago) old mini cassette Dictaphone so she could see if the dogs made much noise when she was out (she also has an iPad so could probably do it easier...
27
27

LED lighting Residual output
Hi, I recently put a few flat panel LED arrays in a shed and garage. The same units that I used in the house on a few low ceilings. Flat LED panels around 12 to 48W. The shed units were on even when...
4
4

OT: We're all gonna die
Anyone else share my rather gloomy analysis? Like a Boss :D
66
66

freeview
freeview is crap firstly its not free as i pay a tv licence secondly it causes so much interference with signal levels and missing channels we need to get rid of it.
69
69

"Did you like that?"
Where's Fred Dibnah when you need him? He'd have managed it with just a nice big fire and some pit-props - and it would have fallen the way he intended. A silo demolition in Denmark quite literally...
6
6

Recommendations for a SELF PRIMING (not a submersible!) cellar pump.
You could use a boat 'dirty water' pump, they self prime to a meter or so. E.g.:- This is just the first one I could find, I bought one a couple of years ago for just over £50.
51
51

Boundary
If the fence between my house and my neighbour - which is his responsibility (T marks on deeds) falls down. Do I have any rights in requiring him to replace it?
9
9

Simple online private sharing of arranged photograph albums?
Is there a simple windows photo editing package that a non-social media DSLR user can alter, arrange an order, caption and upload shots taken - then email a link from the application so that only his...
14
14

So, this Vaillant diverter valve ..
... is still weeping, so I've ordered a S/H part with a short guarantee, for some temporary respite. (I suspect it was my powerflushing last year which caused this and the AAV to go titsup). Once I've...

BMC A Series - remove thermostat housing
Any tips for removing a housing that has been in place for many (25+) years? This particular engine is in a 68 Traveller, and the stub for attaching the top hose has disintegrated, which does not help...
33
33

Ant issues
Hi, Mild weather has brought ants back to our kitchen. This has been an on/off problem for years. I would like to annihilate them once and for all. Have built up a nice collection of powders and...
21
21

Ventilation of flue after a liner has been fitted
It is generally recommended that flues that are no longer in use are ventilated, with a grille at the bottom opening into a room and a cowl of some sort at the top to stop rain entering, so that there...
3
3

PC boot time
Managed to trip the workshop breaker today which crashed out the old PC running Win7. When I restarted it, it said 'resuming Windows' and got to the desktop far quicker than normal. Why?
15
15

Organising for Communal Duty
Places that contain a communal area like a kitchen, rest room etc; but are within a community structure, like for instance a club or our allotment do need a bit of organisation for 'cleaning duties'....
10
10

Shower base reinforcement..
Measuring up to install the shower tray this afternoon I was reminded that one of the supporting legs will be perilously close to the corner of a relatively unsupported 22mm chipboard sheet. Simply...
11
11