Simple online private sharing of arranged photograph albums?

Is there a simple windows photo editing package that a non-social media DSLR user can alter, arrange an order, caption and upload shots taken - then email a link from the application so that only his friends can enjoy the album?

Google photos is sadly aimed at bulk uploading, archiving and not composition. It's also non-intuitive for the non technical, and technically quite a mess (yes, you can do *that* in google drive, and no you can't in google photos...)

& Flickr is probably not that long for this world...

Wasn't there some web storage built into Adobe elementary products?

Or a private server ...

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

In message , Adrian Caspersz writes

Is Canon Irista any use?

I signed up over a year ago, but have only used it once to share photos of part of an automatic garage door. I may not have used it much because I can never remember its name!

Reply to
Bill

Yes, there is an Adobe system but I think it is priced for the professional rather than the casual amateur.

You can just put folders into any of the free cloud systems (Google Drive, MS One Drive, Dropbox) and email people links. Or you could make up "slide shows" with Powerpoint and share these the same way.

Reply to
newshound

Mega NZ seems to be the most straightforward of the cloud systems. Google Drive drives you crazy, and the Dropbox free limit is too small.

Reply to
stuart noble

Build one on your own private server

And password protect it.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Yup, it's pretty much having an application that is user configurable for order and presentation.

I'll probably end up paying a web hosting company, running one of their installed web gallery album applications - there are a few to choose from, like

Problem is technically managing that will be flying over the head of the photographer using it - so it will be down to me 24/7 :(

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

Well, he has Canon Cameras.... Hmmm, that could work :)

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

Adobe Creative Cloud is a tenner a month for the photography options - if you're a keen amateur, that's reasonable - if you are just sharing ad-hoc, less so...

Reply to
Tim Watts

A few years ago a relative sent me his photos of a family funeral using something called PhotoPeach, but I have no idea what sort of editing facilities it has.

I just clicked on the email again and they are all still there so it must still exist.

Needs Adobe flash though.

Reply to
Andrew

They've been sold again ... less than a year since last time.

They keep emailing me telling me of their news, even though they have (quite reasonably) closed my account due to inactivity.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Something else that will disappear from my Humax HD FOX T2. Twitter has already gone. ONly a slowwwww version of the iPlayer left.

Reply to
Andrew

JOOI, is the slower version of iPlayer a recent phenomena from about a week ago? I only ask because the gypsies running the iPlayer concession appear to have, in the past fortnight, deprecated the 25fps versions of their mid definition (1280 by 720) downloads in favour of the 50fps versions which are typically 120% larger in size (1GB -> 2.2GB downloads).

This has forced us users of get_iplayer (Gip) to change its preference setting to 50fps in order to restore the ratio of 1280x720 to 960x540 downloads which obviously effects the volume of data being uploaded by iPlayer's servers to their licence paying clients who don't have a fast enough broadband service to stream iPlayer's content direct to their TV screen or computer monitor without buffering delays spoiling their 'viewing experience'.

I'm just wondering whether this unilateral decision at "iPlayer Central" to force a not particularly desired 'Quality Upgrade' upon its less well connected client base has started to impact the ordinary users who otherwise do have sufficient bandwidth to stream direct to their TV sets.

Reply to
Johnny B Good

I have two accounts on flickr, the photo are still there, but when they went to yahoo the login process changed, so now I not only don't remember the passwords but I don't know the username/email I used.

Reply to
DJC

They send emails to snipped-for-privacy@oneof.mydomains, so I must have used that, but if I try that address on their forgotten password page, it says I don't exist.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Yes, similar thing here. I think when it went to Yahoo, I had to get a Yahoo id to log-on which I have lost, the email used for for the recent notifications is not the one recognised by forgot password.

Reply to
DJC