Private lane

I live on a private lane - at the front of it. That means all cars and other traffic going up it to fields and my neighbours house go over my bit of lane / drive to get there.

Water floods of the fields and has left giant pot holes in my lane.

Its got to the stage where delivery men and skip hire lorries and other services I might use will not cross the lane to my drive. They say it is too poor a state and they cannot cross it. I have lost two exhausts bumping over the pot holes.

So , I ordered up men to come and fix it. They were going to take out the lane, level the pot holes and fill with hardcore and cover with tarmac.

In the event, and sods law , my neighbour who owns a field at the top of the lane seems to have also ordered workmen for today to bring her 20 lorry loads of hardcore, gravel and sand to build a sand school for her horses in the field at the top of the lane. She has not told me she was doing this.

Consequently my job has not been done prop erly. The men could not work because of the constant interruption of lorries, tractors, cars and an assortment of other vehicles using the lane.

Is there a quick fix for a bumpy patch of tarmac which has been rolled over by all and saundry and churned up before it was set?

All I wanted was a driveway that I could bring my car over without having too many bumps.

Reply to
lynd

Nick one of those giant planing machines from a nearby road resurfacing site?

Would probably have been better to use crushed limestone to level it out. Or at least to discuss the work with the other residents (on what is presumably the only access to their properties).

Reply to
Rob Morley

I would imagine there should be some sort of collective arrangment for care of the lane. I would further imagine that the deeds to your house would reveal more on this subject.

I would have simply put a waggon of crushed brick into the holes - the cheepskate solution.

Rick

Reply to
Rick