Slabs for sloping path

I wish to make a path on sloping ground. As I will need to use a wheelbarrow I would like to use slabs with built in grip. Any ideas please?

Reply to
Broadback

How sloping? If it's only slight you could lay each slab level, with a small step to the next - a regular pneumatic-tyred wheelbarrow will bump up the steps without a problem. Steeper and it might be better to lay concrete and finish it with a surface dressing of gravel:

use that lattice stuff and fill the gaps with gravel:

if you still want slabs you might find a supplier for this stuff (the bottom one):

Rob Morley

Bitter experience.... Holding back a loaded barrow on a sloping path can be a right pain, especially when the path is slippery. Steps with about 2-4" risers work well, not too high for the wheel, and you can get a rest whenever you want.

Reply to
Tony Williams

steps. I have seen ribbed paving somewhere, Stowellconcrete bareface paving looks the best bet.

Reply to
Broadback

How about steps with a channel up the middle for the barrow wheel?

Reply to
Rob Morley