shower installation

I am going to install a new thermostatic shower mixer, this needs to be fitted into a double skinned plasterboard wall. The skins are only about 60mm apart, so I was thinking of creating a large-ish hole and then filling it with a tiled piece of MDF. This would mean I can screw the mixer to the MDF panel and just drill some large access holes in the plasterboard from behind for the pipes to come through. ( the pipes are in the airing cupboard behind the wall) Is MDF suitable for this sort if thing ? Would i be better off using somthing else ?

Simon

Reply to
srp