Boundary

If the fence between my house and my neighbour - which is his responsibility (T marks on deeds) falls down. Do I have any rights in requiring him to replace it?

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Generally speaking, no. Even if there's a covenant, it's probably unenforceable.

Reply to
GB

There is no general obligation in law for anybody to fence their land, although railways, disused mines, building works adjacent to highways and fields containing livestock each have specific laws requiring them to be fenced. So, almost certainly not. There is, however, nothing to stop you erecting your own fence on your side of the boundary.

Reply to
Nightjar

No. You need some dogs in your yard. Big ones that do big poos.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

For which you have responsibility in keeping on your land.

Reply to
Fredxx

Thanks - no problem yet but the fence is stating to fail and the neighbour is new so an unknown quantity. The previous one was always on th ecase over such matters.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Yes but after a while the neighbour will fix the fence. Get real.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Time to get that dog.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

No. But an offer to split the cost may go down better than a big dog that craps, and be cheaper

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Make a new "fence" out of things that naturally look untidy, like the typical remains out of a builders skip.

Before long, they'll replace it.

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz