freeview

freeview is crap firstly its not free as i pay a tv licence secondly it causes so much interference with signal levels and missing channels we need to get rid of it.

Reply to
rid us

freeview is crap firstly its not free as i pay a tv licence secondly it causes so much interference with signal levels and missing channels we need to get rid of it.

Reply to
rid us

You don't ask a question. The answers might include giving up TV and saving the licence fee, getting a better aerial or getting Freesat. The latter works 100% except in very heavy rain if set up properly and no marginally high trees growing rapidly on the path to the satellite.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

This is a DIY group. Make your own entertainment.

Reply to
Nightjar

Weoll get a satellite dishe or unplug the aerial or watch via the Internet

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You need to move to a less pikey area. Works perfectly here.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

So Freesat works 100% of the time, except when it doesn't?

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

And except near the equinoxes when the sun lines up behind the satellite and swamps the LNB

Reply to
Andy Burns

OK, that was ambiguous; I mean that all the channels will work, unlike the OP's Freeview.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

I wasn't aware that TV was used during the daytime.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

daytime is when the broadcasters air all their quality programs.

Reply to
alan_m

I think they already are. It seems a very troll like posting.

GH

Reply to
Marland

Was that from Springer Verlag - or Jerry Springer?

Reply to
Roger Hayter

This place can only get satellite. So far it has been 100%.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It has to be incredibly heavy rain to lose signal. It also fails briefly for about 10 minutes mid-morning when the active sun is in the same field as the satellite for a few days around the equinoxes too.

ISTR It lacks a couple of channels that are on the TDTV.

Reply to
Martin Brown

Its got a fair few MORE channels actually as well as lacking the odd one

Dozens of ethnic crap channels. plus Vintage TV, Talking Pictures, Free Sports and Motors TV and things like Bloomberg etc.

I lost Sony TV tho. :-(

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Talking Pictures and Vintage have been available on the freeview platform for some time.. Some who have invested in HD equipment may be annoyed that CH4 HD left Freesat in February along with ability to access The All 4 catch up via a Freesat box.

We have both here but too be honest don?t watch enough TV that a missing channel would be an issue, Half the stations would be stuffed without WW2 archive film endlessly recycled to fill the schedule.

A couple of brands of TV often have a satellite tuner built in even though that feature hasn?t been promoted,

LG is one ISTR , the give away is a F style connector mounted on the back ,connect to the LNB of a dish and dig into the menus those who have such a set may find they can get FreeSat quite a bit cheaper than that may have thought.

GH

Reply to
Marland

Can a Sky-installed dish be connected to a Freesat decoder (eg after the initial Sky subscription has expired or if the original subscriber has sold their house to someone else) and receive all the non-encrypted, non-Sky-specific channels, or does Freesat need a different dish/LNB?

Reply to
NY

We had a Sky dish installed years ago, for 'FreeSat from Sky'. We now have it connected to a Humax box, and it works perfectly.

Reply to
S Viemeister

It will work just fine. Mine certainly does!

Reply to
S Viemeister