Subject Author Posted Replies

For Tim Watts - the first use of my tracer
TBH My first attempt actually did not work as the emergency lighting cable that runs alongside the CO cable was live. That will limit the use in an occupied office etc.
15
15

LED filament bulb
I Have just had a LED filament bulb fail, it's an 11W lumilife one. I'm just wondering whether the 6 LED strips could be driven by a home made circuit? That's if I can extract them. Also is the glass...
13
13

Bees nest in the attic?????
This follows on from my post the other week about having a rodent in the attic, which has since been caught and disposed of. Anyway, was up there with an old hoover and some cleaning stuff clearing up...
7
7

Possibly OT printing on line from file
I have a couple of photos that I would like a print of. Having looked on line I am confused with all the detail. I simply wish for a good quality colour print from file. Any recommendations please?
10
10

Using a circular saw on a vertical surface?
Hi, Is there anything dangerous about using a skill saw (I think that's what they're called - normally used for cutting through floor boards and whatnot) up a vertical surface? I need to snip through...
12
12

OT: the smart grid
Being at a meeting yesterday attended inter alia by Greg Clark MP, in which he spoke about future infrastructure, I took the opportunity to ask him about the future of the grid if we all go electric -...
6
6

(Chromed towel) radiator life - 3 years ?
That's quite a result! TBH I have found Screwfix very good at honouring faulty items. However the true cost in your case is the actual replacement, unless you can find an exact replica radiator using...
16
16

Lights and sockets onto one radial
Lights and sockets are usually on different circuits but must they be? Can I have a 35ish meter 2.5mm radial from 16mm RCD running a few sockets and lights in what was once Ladies and Gents toilets,...
8
8

(Totally OT) Song title/artist?
Earworm. An instrumental, as far as I remember, but with 'da da da' voices. Possibly/probably 1960s. Da da da da (lower key) da da dum dum, Da da da da Dum dum dum dum Or something like that ......
19
19

All these "re"s
I am getting sick and tired of them. It is a recent phenomenon why have they started appearing lately and in such numbers?
8
8

Fischer - Free Heat
Just had a leaflet pushed through the door, with others, by the postie. One from Fischer caught my eye - 1000 units (kWh) free electricity, with multiple Trustpilot claims to be valid, promising 'free...
66
66

One for the Electricians- 5A sockets
While browsing the range of sockets available on Ebay, I noticed you can still buy the 'old' 3 pin 5A style ones. They are made by reputable companies so, I assume, still legal to install etc. I've a...
29
29

Night storage radiators
We have 4 night storage radiators in our flat. Ihave disconnected one of them and disposed of it. None of the other ones now work. Any advice please
9
9

TOT TV adverts
I'm not feeling too well so a Saturday watching crap on TV Why are Morrisons advertising items that are at least 20% cheaper elsewhere, including my in local (usually expensive) Tesco and Sainsbury's...
48
48

OT: IPTV advice
Hi, The TV aerial gave up the ghost in the UK and I am in the process of getting broaband in Eire. Allthough the Irish place is almost exclusively LG smart TV's, I have nothing "smart" here unless a...
8
8