LED filament bulb

I Have just had a LED filament bulb fail, it's an 11W lumilife one.

I'm just wondering whether the 6 LED strips could be driven by a home made circuit? That's if I can extract them. Also is the glass envelope doing anything other than preventing access because of high voltages?

This is for my general interest rather than any cost saving as they are less than a tenner.

AJH

Reply to
AJH

Yup, no reason why not, assuming they are not the things that failed.

There is no protected atmosphere in there - its just keeping fingers and dust out.

If you email LED hut they will normally send you a replacement FoC

Reply to
John Rumm

Each filament may require 70V+ as it will be an array of LEDs in series.

Check BigClive Youtube tear-down videos of such devices

Reply to
alan_m

They are doing so but have not asked me to return the failed one so I thought I might play (thanks Alan I'll look for Big Clive)

I bought this because it gave the most lumens and I wanted it to go in a globe, however at 63mm it won't fit into the 60mm hole, but if I cut the glass off...

AJH

Reply to
AJH

?v=NffhdAz9pc4

alan_m

Get thee over to BigClive... here:

and
Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer

Yes and No. Respectively. .

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Yup, Clive (used to post here years ago), is a good man to check out for all kinds of LED lamp butchery ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

alan_m

He has just the right repair tutorial:

Theo

Reply to
Theo

that is too weird.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I have not followed the link, but would I be right in assuming it includes and unusual "doll"?

Reply to
John Rumm

yep :/ It's mildly nsfw, and just bizarre.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

It's probable that what, to us British, appears to be a 'lady-bit' reference is actually the less specific (and more socially acceptable) American term.

Reply to
Newsgroupie