All these "re"s

I am getting sick and tired of them. It is a recent phenomenon why have they started appearing lately and in such numbers?

Reply to
Broadback

Replies to older posts deleted by your client/new server or posters deleted by your kill file?

Reply to
David

If you mean what I think you mean it just means your newsreader has missed the OP of threads.

FWIW I don't see any particular problem and I'm also using E-S, but I did see some talk in the E-S support groups of a recent issue.

Perhaps my old Forte Agent is better at reassembling the threads than your TB, but that's just a guess.

Reply to
Graham.

Graham. brought next idea :

The E-S port 80 server was off most of yesterday, so nothing in, nothing out. It was back on this morning.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Do you mean in the body of the message or in the sub line? How both are handled depends on the news reader and how its configured. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

It's not just E-S, as I've been experiencing old posts suddenly appearing on Albasani as well as E-S. I thought it might be Google Groups playing around again, but I don't think so. It has appeared on Thunderbird and XPN news clients, so it is not the client.

Reply to
Jeff Layman

Using 40tude: this morning there were far more than usual posts in all groups, most of them being from 26-27-28/5/18. I'm on E S btw. All back to usual state, now.

Reply to
PeterC

Broadback snipped-for-privacy@j-towill.co.uk> wrote

Because the news clients people use are doing that now.

Reply to
87213

Possibly it is caused by crossposting: Someone over in alt.loonybin adds uk.d-i-y to the groups line of their eternal prose, and it pops up here with a "Re: " on it, as the first post.

This would be usually invisible because most readers thread the replies, and the original posting doesn't have a "Re: "

Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer