(Totally OT) Song title/artist?

Earworm. An instrumental, as far as I remember, but with 'da da da' voices. Possibly/probably 1960s.

Da da da da (lower key) da da dum dum, Da da da da Dum dum dum dum

Or something like that ...

Possibly used as a DJ theme, or similar.

Reply to
Graeme

Graeme explained on 18/11/2018 :

Now I have an earworm. I know the one you mean, later than that, possibly 1980's/ 1990's.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Harry Bloomfield brought next idea :

This one?

Harry Bloomfield

In message <psrh2r$lbe$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me, Harry Bloomfield snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAM.tiscali.co.uk> writes

Thanks for the guess, but no, that sounds far too modern, which doesn't necessarily mean that the one in my head is not fairly modern, but I think it is older.

I'll try again.

Da da da da (lower) da da da da da da da da da (lower) da da da da da da, da da da, da da da, de da da da

Doesn't help much, does it? :-)

Reply to
Graeme

You don't mean Manumanum do you? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

The Natural Philosopher

That particular one was also made without the German, I recall it. Still no idea why they bothered though!

When you say instrumental do you mean there are no voices singing the dums? There were a lot of synth based tracks like Popcorn for example. An early Georgio Moroder track like Chickory tips Son of my Father as his second outing then of course that hypnotic Donna Summer track and later with Phil Oakey with Human League.

There were a lot of such tracks that had no voices though. and its finding the right one.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

In message <psrk7f$6hb$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me, Brian Gaff snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk> writes

Brian, that is exactly what I mean. Thank you.

Reply to
Graeme

Obviously not this then (?)

Graham.

In message snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Graham. snipped-for-privacy@mail.com writes

Brian has nailed it, although how he got there from my description is little short of a miracle!

Reply to
Graeme

I had an earworm from childhood that I wanted to identify. It was actually the first 7 inch vinyl record we ever had.

I finally did by putting the memorised notes as I remembered it as Parsons code using

I was quite elated when it actually worked and gave me the title, it was actually this.

Graham.

You Muppet ;-)

I genuinly think Brian is gifted in aurally to comensate for what he lacks visually.

Intresting though, the origanal spelling was (if this makes it through your newsreaders intact) Mah Nà Mah Nà

Graham.

In message snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Graham. snipped-for-privacy@mail.com writes

My first thought, too :-)

Strangely, I wondered that.

Yes, I did the same search. Listened too, but I think the version I heard in my head must have been the Muppets.

Reply to
Graeme

Sorry: Graeme (OP) not Graham (a responder).

John

PS We used to have a Graeme in Class 3 at Primary School: the teacher always called him "grimy". [Disclaimer: this is intended as humour and in no way should be construed as a hate crime. Me and Graeme: Like that: X ]

Reply to
Another John

That's gentler than most nicknames imposed by teachers.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

What, the f****ng muppet theme?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I got it immediately: Un Homme et Une Femme

TimW

I agree that fits the description best, but was not in fact the sought answer!

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I always get them mixed up with The Feebles

ARW