Subject Author Posted Replies

litre bottles of beer (lager)
I have obtained a litre beer glass (intended for a christmas present). Can anyone suggest a readily-available beer (lager) that is available in a single litre bottle, so I can package it with the...
23
23

test ignore it.
Sorry bit quiet. Brian

best hand wipes
Confusing choices. Any recommendations ?
8
8

Paint finish
Lounge ready for decorating - currenyl papered with a very suble - almost plain paper. I would like to have it painted - gone off DIY now. What techniques can I seek out that will not be plain paint...
7
7

Two PIRs, one floodlight?
I have a PIR controlling a floodlight but the positioning of the PIR is less than ideal. To get decent coverage I would, ideally, add a second PIR to control the floodlight and so have the two PIRs...
4
4

Box gutter
We have a conservatory with a box gutter attached to an outside wall. If it rains heavily against that wall, water runs down it, and normally is deflected into the gutter by the flashing. Now, before...
2
2

3d printers
Are UV light types worth the premium over deposition types? What's a reasonable uv one cost? Can you get them in kit form
2
2

will paint reduce shrinkage and expansion of wood?
The shed door is only covered with some brown preservative stuff. It shrinks and warps and stretches a lot. Should I wait until spring when it has dried out then paint it? Bill
12
12

For those who 'get' the internet/networking
I've 80mb fibre at my workplace, and I get almost full speed. But it gets slower and slower over the course of several days to the point of unusability, then I reboot the router and it's flying again....
26
26

Laithwaite - on linear motors
had not seen this one before! Professor Eric Laithwaite (1921-1997) of Imperial College London demonstrates some of the most difficult concepts in electricity &​ magnetism. This is one of a series...
8
8

plaster on walls , could it exacerbate condensation?
Well the question is in the title really. I have a 1950's bungalow in deepest darkest Cornwall ( it rains a lot and is damp). I have been battling condensation in my kitchen for nearly 20 years. I...
27
27

Ping GB
The apprentice that mounted the cooker switch that said "NO" failed his AM2. Unsafe isolation. He locked the MCB into the "ON" position.
10
10

OTish - can you pick up a planes radar on the ground ?
(google fail again ...) Just a question SWMBO asked last night, as we watched a couple of planes fly over (we're in Brum) ... presumably on a flight path at 1000-2000metres height ? I'm presuming...
13
13

John Lewis Spectrum Radio - How to get apart?
I have one of these: has a rechargable battery that I think has failed. It is supposedly waterproof so there is no obvious way to take it apart although there are a couple of recesses on the bottom...
13
13

Maybe OT electrical
This is a bit meandery but here goes . I am getting befuddled, I asked google about current being constant for a given cable for differing voltages it goes on about tables and derating etc Which I can...
58
58