litre bottles of beer (lager)

I have obtained a litre beer glass (intended for a christmas present).

Can anyone suggest a readily-available beer (lager) that is available in a single litre bottle, so I can package it with the glass as a gift set?

It seems a bit daft handing over a litre glass with a 440ml can in it.

Thanks

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Buy glasses for five more friends?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Litre steins are generally used for draught beers. You can get 330ml, 650ml, 750ml and 1.5l of most decent Belgian and German beers. If you want to push the boat out I highly recommend some Chimay Blue.

Reply to
Andy Bennet

The charity shop only had one in stock at 99p.

I had considered a barrel but it's a wee bit spendy for the recipient.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I'm sure I've seen Tiger in 1 litre bottles

Reply to
charles

might come to that!

Good, if it wasn't for the P&P.

Anything from Tesco, Asda, Waitrose, Morrisons, Sainsburys, Aldi or Lidl would be a bonus.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

In Australia in the northern territory we used to have a Darwin stubby (two litres) but they stopped selling them.

Reply to
FMurtz

I've seen large bottles of beer/lager in lidl but on their Christmas shelves rather than the general alcohol shelves

Reply to
alan_m

*memo to self*

Thanks.

Der German Supermarkts der obvious Place probably to look are.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I don't think such a thing exists, or can exist. A litre of lager in a single bottle would be above the critical volume and would collapse into a single enormous belch and a bucketful of piss.

HTH

Reply to
Clive Arthur

There is a 1L can of Tuborg available in Germany IIRC. Some Amazon sellers will ship here.

Reply to
John Rumm

Given that you need an oversized glass to allow for the head, a 750mL bottle sounds ideal.

Reply to
Terry Casey

Might just get a 750ml and shake it before handing it over, then.

So far Tesco and Sainsbury's have all been "no"; I'll try Aldi on Sat.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Leffe in 750 ml bottles is available in most supermarkets.

That should be enough to fill it up to a respectable level.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

Fill the glass, seal the top, sorted.

HTH

Reply to
Clive Arthur

A lot of the bottles are half litres. Buy two...

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

That is the one I have finally gone for. It slips into the tankard quite snugly. Which means the two 500 ml bottles I got first have just got to be drunk by me. Sometimes Christmas really is shit isn't it.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Don't think I've ever seen one. The biggest bottles regularly seen are 660ml (Becks etc).

Keo is in 500mls I think...

Reply to
Jim K..

Er no keo large ones are 630ml.

Stella (spit) in 500ml cans?

Mahou Clasica ??? Amazon 1000ml - Case of 12 price:£61.99 (£5.17 / Item)

Reply to
Jim K..

Aha Faxe Danish Lager Beer - 1 x 1 Liter 5% vol Price:£3.99

Amazon

Reply to
Jim K..