Paint finish

Lounge ready for decorating - currenyl papered with a very suble - almost plain paper.

I would like to have it painted - gone off DIY now.

What techniques can I seek out that will not be plain paint (I would do that).

Reply to
DerbyBorn

In message <XnsA9ADE813229C1TrainJPlantntlworldc@81.171.92.222>, DerbyBorn snipped-for-privacy@Nearhome.com writes

Not done it myself but a friend has *rag painted* her kitchen wall. Somebody may know more but I assume the technique is to dunk a scrunched up rag in your contrasting paint tray and then splodge it to a pre painted wall.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

google paint effects from the wiki:

1 Woodgraining 2 Ragrolling 3 Spotting 4 Marbling 5 Sprayed Fades 6 Colourwash 7 Fibres 8 Camouflage 9 Crackle 10 Dragging 11 Parchment 12 Sponging 13 Stencilling 14 Stippling 15 Latticing

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Plus Artex and woodchip ;-)

Reply to
PeterC

PeterC snipped-for-privacy@homecall.co.uk> wrote in news:11ogk7ujo0aey$. snipped-for-privacy@40tude.net:

Great - thanks. Any thoughts on which is most subtle?

Reply to
DerbyBorn

I have used the technique no 12 before. How subtle it is depends on how close the "sponging" colour is to your base coat.

(In my case very, the paint colour tended to darken slightly as it dried and as it happened the "wet" sponging colour was exactly the same as the "dry" base-coat - made seeing where you had been a bit difficult but looked ok when the sponging layer had also dried and darkened by a couple of shades)

Reply to
Chris B

Sponging has to be the easiest of them all. Get the colours close enough and it won't even be evident that it has been sponged, all you see is a mottly colour.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I.e. it looks like a crap paint job ? Mmmm.....

Reply to
Jim K..