Two PIRs, one floodlight?

I have a PIR controlling a floodlight but the positioning of the PIR is less than ideal. To get decent coverage I would, ideally, add a second PIR to control the floodlight and so have the two PIRs working at the same time.

Are there any potential problems?

Generally it will work

IIRC, the last person to try it reported back success.

Make sure both PIRs feeding the light are powered from the same circuit.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Yup, I have done it...

Safest with relay switching PIRs (which most except the smallest are IME)

Reply to
John Rumm

Thanks, all, for the reassurance. I was concerned that one PIR being activated might do something nasty to the one that had not been.

No. Think of them as ordinary parallel switches (not 2 way like on house stairs).

Reply to
Jim K..