Subject Author Posted Replies

Combination lock for outside door - is this Yale any good?
Nothing in principle but less handy to use than a push button type lock. A hasp and padlock sort of integrated into a single device would be OK though. At Microsoft our mission and values are to help...
11
11

OT any other Plusnet broadband users having trouble today?
On Fri, 08 Feb 2019 11:08:51 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)" > wrote: Not perfect (nothing is). However PN are one of the best IMHO. I particularly like the fact that Bob Pullen of PN reads and...
9
9

Question about sub-main sizing
I was planning to use a 50A type C MCB to protect the sub-main and 16A type B RCBOs in the new CU - this should give discrimination. The reason for using 16A, rather than 32A, is that I have several...
22
22

Joining TV coax
Do you have something against inline F-type female sockets? Or do you already have a big bag of males? It is surprising what you can get away with in practice.
57
57

Rechargable batteries for DECT cordless phones - is there a problem with getting too high a mAhr rating?
So long as you use batteries with the same chemistry as the originals then there should not be a problem. Phone makers just use the cheapest (ie low capacity) ones that can reasonably get away with....
27
27

Ottoman hinges *without* gas struts ?
Went to open our ottoman bed this morning, and discovered one of the pressed studs the gas strut connects to had sheared off. A cursory google suggests (naturally :( ) that it's easy to get the whole...
5
5

chinky bastards
anybody had trouble with no delivery ? http://from......DHGate.com
6
6

OT warehouse fire intensity.
Not sure if this has got too much of a mention in the national news but at the other end of Hampshire to where I am the Ocado warehouse is still cooking nicely 40 hours after it started. Despite the...
25
25

How to repair a cracked ceramic basin?
Following from my tap question, I wonder if there's a way to keep the basin going for a bit longer. There's currently quite a long crack, but the basin is on a stand (not a pedestal) so is well...
11
11

OT: Livelihoods of backward racists at risk from foriegners.
Another brilliant move initiated by Cameron, who could believe it? The heartland of racism, who voted for Brexit to get rid of the Pakistanis. About to be sold down the river. When the potteries first...

Any Arduino fans in here?
Yes I've used a Mac to do this too, even linux can run it. depends what you mean by "ordinary" Can an "ordinary" tyre be used on my car, can an "ordinary" word processor work on my compter. > (c) Dr....
13
13

Grrr... Creosote hassles
I wanted some creosote (the real McCoy) to treat some fenceposts and after a bit of searching through eBay listings I found a dealer selling the real stuff. At £35 for 5 litres not cheap but if it...
2
2

Of taps and tails
Looking at various taps atm - might go over to the dark side and have ¼-turn ones. Not sure if 2 taps or mixer - depends on the new basin. Now, so far as I can see, most mixers have flexi tails. I'm...
9
9

Sold out ....
sorry poxy lexus .....
4
4

More on hot water supply dying..
Some weeks ago I asked here if anyone knew what was going on with my hot water supply essentially drying up after a few minutes when running a bath. Well it wasn?t such a big deal as mostly I shower,...
4
4