OT any other Plusnet broadband users having trouble today?

Web chat not available, reporting ten minutes delay on phone help line.

One of their pages seems to show a spike of reports, another shows "no problems"

Reply to
newshound

FWIW I've not noticed any problems today, but I haven't attempted to contact PN today.

[Now I've said this I am bound to experience problems though;-)]
Reply to
Mark

I've been having dropouts for several days now but the same thing happened about this time last year and I wonder if it could be something to do with the weather? Ordinary ADSL here.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell

FWIW I am on FTTC (lucky me). ADSL was always appalling here.

Reply to
Mark

Nope. All fine here. I've been working from home since lunch with no issues. Just done a speedtest that checks out fine as well.

Reply to
Chris

I've never found web chat to be working and have tried several times over the last few years, so nothing new there.

And only 10 minutes delay on the phone - luxury. It's taken me at least half-an-hour whenever I have needed to contact them. It's really annoying that their "status" pages never reflect actual problems, and that there's no way (that I have discovered) to contact them by email.

Reply to
Clive Page

In the KCOM area we were on FTTP and the connection was fantastic, but it was £50 pm. I have now moved over the river to Lincolnshire and am now on Plusnet which seems OK if a little slower.

Reply to
swldxer1958

Thought the general view was that Plusnet was perfect?

I had problems with my BT youview box (Humax). Contacted them via online chat, and a new free one arrived 4 days later.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Not perfect (nothing is). However PN are one of the best IMHO. I particularly like the fact that Bob Pullen of PN reads and posts regularly on usenet.

Great, but BT comes out consistently poor in ISP reviews.

Reply to
Mark

They tend to push the better service bit. But these posts suggest it is pretty normal.

The larger the number of customers, the more complaints.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)