Subject Author Posted Replies

Laptop issues -result
Just to recap - Over past few weeks my W10 Acer laptop had more and more frequently locked up, no mouse movement, no response to ctrl+ Alt + del, only holding the power button down for ten seconds to...
5
5

OT Paid to use electricity.
In Germany. wonder if we'll get that over here. Now let's see. Puts a whole new slant on energy storing batteries. Get paid to generate electricity in my PV panels. Get paid to charge my batteries....
7
7

McCulloach Chainsaw
I have a I have a McCulloch 360T 2 stroke (also sold as Husqvarna ) Been doing some servicing .... went to remove main fuel line and when I pulled the line off the fuel filter - found it had a metal...
2
2

Cracked soilpipe
Sods law - as I'm starting a fairly long list list of jobs that have to be completed in the next 3 weeks I've noticed that the base of the (cast iron) soil pipe was wet. On inspection there is a crack...
14
14

Loud banging noise
Potterton puma 80e makes a really loud banging noise when the heating has been on a while https://www.homeownershub.com/img/hg https://www.homeownershub.com/img/hg https://www.homeownershub.com/img/hg
10
10

Foam backed board or loose insulation for ceiling?
We're replacing the kitchen extension ceiling, i'm happy to lose a few inches of height. Would you fit normal board with insulation above, or foam backed board?
3
3

Extension to shared double brick wall
There's a shared double brick wall between my part of the house and the neighbours. Does one brick belong to both of us? If I plan an extension, would it have to stagger in one brick so it joins onto...
4
4

Contiboard, oh high street where has it gone?
There was a time, before Ikea, that folks used to visit Homebase and other usual suspects, to buy that fake wood effect 15mm melamine foiled chipboard to knock up the odd cabinet to house the HiFi, or...
6
6

Another Smart meter grumble
I've booked my install because it is a requirement for the tariff I am on. Nearly at the end they ask if you want information collecting every 30 minutes, weekly or monthly (IIRC). Well, if I'm going...
43
43

Flushing rads & pipes
Want to assemble kit to clear junk out of pipes & rads on a system with poor flow on the ground floor. I have a CH pump that can be hooked up to various subsections of the system, it's not a power...
10
10

Fridge thermostat repair
I've got a Fisher and Paykel fridge freezer model E240B but the thermostat isn't working. The motor runs continuously and eventually even the fridge compartment freezes up. I've taken the thermostat...
11
11

Re: OT They're at it again.
But not the latest and greatest version.
1
1

Can you get filing cabinet drawer hardware?
OK, thanks, they're just the runners like the ones that can be bought for kitchen drawers, I've used them before on some 'under seat' drawers in my daughter's house. I was hoping one might find a bit...
13
13

Can you get thin[ner] worktops?
I wouldn't rush to use wood or wood products as a kitchen worktop. Glassfibre cement board would at least be more durable. Concrete & tile is relatively good, but not 18mm. SS would get you down to...
26
26

Bodywork
In article