OT Unwanted new gas meter and supply

If it?s S. Yorkshire I would imagine it was Northern Gas Networks unless they sub- contracted to some set of cowboys. In any case NGN will be the people you need to complain to. The threatening behaviour is certainly out of order and cutting off a gas supply without good cause or threatening to do so is criminal and I do not think refusing to allow a gas meter to be changed is a a good cause. To me it seems unlike most utilities to arrive on a job without plenty of due notice and start on it immediately you usually have to wait months before they get round to it. Are they having gas mains in the street renewed? It could be sub-contractors on a bonus for convincing as many customers to have external meters fitted or trying to make more of a job of it to extract more money from the DNO.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

BTW they also left a notice on the new meter saying that the gas was not bonded:-)

Reply to
ARW

I've got one of those since I had a new meter fitted (I really should remove it) - however it *is* bonded and it is just that the bonding is under the floor.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

I assume then they use gas? The whole country is in the middle of a plastic pipe replacement. I notice they push the plastic through the iron pipes. In my case as I had no gas, I had them cap it at the street, as they too would have wanted to fit an external meter, saying it was safer. I can sort of see that it may not be a good idea to have a gas meter under the main staircase of a building! However the manner of the job sounds somewhat lacking in care and finesse from your description. Might be worth getting in a gas expert and seeing what they say. With the routing of pipes being a hot topic since Grenfell, I'd imagine it might be best to do it sooner rather than later. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2

And can be accessed with a need for a court order or police protection ...

Reply to
Jethro_uk