Anyone know anything about Japanese (maybe Chinese) furniture?

A lady friend far from here (Edinburgh) has been bequeathed some what look to my eye, from photographs, to be Japanese items of furniture. Age and quality is unknown, but she wishes to dispose of them. I wouldn't want to see her items under sold, but how to proceed?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

I assume the lady friend is in Edinburgh?

One of the main auction houses?

etc.

and Lyon and Turnbull have a Chinese speaking department.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Also search eBay, and try posting a search on Google images.

Reply to
newshound

Drew and Tee

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Thanks all, I have now managed to find someone able to assess them in Edinburgh and been told they are of Chinese origin and probably no more than around 50 years old.

If anyone on here might be interested in looking or perhaps making an offer for them, I can forward photographs. snipped-for-privacy@harrym1byt.plus.com

Yes, they are located not far from Edinburgh.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.