Anyone know *anything* about Vega jointers?

...they don't make them anymore, I know (mostly TS fence systems now), but I have an old one from the late 80s I'd like to rebuild. The company lost most of its records in a fire, so they have no literature on them. If you know anything about these jointers, or know someone who has one, would you please contact me?

Thanks, H

Reply to
hylourgos

What is it you're needing to know about it?

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

What I'd most like is a parts break-down. I got it missing a fence, which Vega will replace (they are supposed to be machining a new one right now), but there are a few screws and knobs missing here and there. I wouldn't mind seeing the factory instructions for adjusting it either. I doesn't look too hard to figure out (not so different than other jointers out there), but I always like the assurance of a factory manual.

It's a nice 8" model, BTW, long bed, 1.5 Baldor motor that purrs like a kitten. Got it for $90 at auction.

Later, H.

Unisaw A100 wrote:

Reply to
hylourgos

I would start with more inquiries like this on other forums like Knots, WoodNet, Wood Central and so on. Someone somewhere out there has to own this machine and still have a manual. I mean, Vega must have sold at least a couple of these, right?

There's nothing on the OWWM but this entry with info you already have.

it wouldn't hurt to join the OWWM Discussion Forum and ask the question. The machine falls within the group's charter.

're right, it is like a lot of other jointers with a center mounted fence in which case manuals from Delta and Powermatic might shed some light on parts 'n pieces. I really doubt Vega re-invented the wheel with their machine.

In the end, I'm like you and I prefer to have the "actual" manual for my machines for the more subtle differences.

You did extremely (with emphasis on extremely) well for yourself. I'd say that you've won yourself a You Suck you damn turd heel! (1)

By the way, were these made here in the USofA/Decataur, IL?

(1) All administered with love and affection of course.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100