Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Mummy Mummy look! No renewable energy!
http://gridwatch.templar.co.uk/adverts/barchart-advert.png http://gridwatch.templar.co.uk/adverts/barchart-advert.png
3
3

Bosch fridge too warm
After a house move, my Bosch upright fridge/freezer has a problem in that the upper fridge compartment is at room temperature, but the lower freezer bit is at a normal minus 22C. Any ideas as to what...
8
8

System boiler or conventional when replacing combi
Large extension added to my 3 bed property. Combi has been a pain in the arse and now won't cut it with 2 main bathrooms. My question is should I go for a system boiler with an unvented cylinder or...
15
15

Repairing Bakelite
Anyone experience of repairing Bakelite? I have a piece about 7 inches square which has snapped in half. Thickness about 1/12 of an inch. Plan is to glue the two edges and hold together, then add a...
21
21

Disposal of roofing felt
This isn't strictly about DIY but here goes. A contractor has quoted me a large figure for the job of replacing the currently felt-covered flat roof over my garage and part of the house, to include...
44
44

Buy Steel house or not?
Longtime lurker, first time poster. I am considering buying a Semi-detached Trusteel Mk2 bungalow. It is the perfect location and ticks a lot of boxes for us. For a family home, and with a view for...
7
7

Boiler overrun
In have been running the cottage heating on tick-over (all the roomstats set to 15 deg. C) Yesterday I found the system had depressurised! Apart from the panic about screws through underfloor heating...
6
6

Avery Berkel scales question
I have a set of the above scales (see image) Does anyone have any knowledge of them as I would like to disconnect the top part, the small display unit. I can get it off ok and it is connected by a...
8
8

Laptop issues -result
Just to recap - Over past few weeks my W10 Acer laptop had more and more frequently locked up, no mouse movement, no response to ctrl+ Alt + del, only holding the power button down for ten seconds to...
5
5

OT Paid to use electricity.
In Germany. wonder if we'll get that over here. Now let's see. Puts a whole new slant on energy storing batteries. Get paid to generate electricity in my PV panels. Get paid to charge my batteries....
7
7

McCulloach Chainsaw
I have a I have a McCulloch 360T 2 stroke (also sold as Husqvarna ) Been doing some servicing .... went to remove main fuel line and when I pulled the line off the fuel filter - found it had a metal...
2
2

Cracked soilpipe
Sods law - as I'm starting a fairly long list list of jobs that have to be completed in the next 3 weeks I've noticed that the base of the (cast iron) soil pipe was wet. On inspection there is a crack...
14
14

Loud banging noise
Potterton puma 80e makes a really loud banging noise when the heating has been on a while https://www.homeownershub.com/img/hg https://www.homeownershub.com/img/hg https://www.homeownershub.com/img/hg
10
10

Foam backed board or loose insulation for ceiling?
We're replacing the kitchen extension ceiling, i'm happy to lose a few inches of height. Would you fit normal board with insulation above, or foam backed board?
3
3

Extension to shared double brick wall
There's a shared double brick wall between my part of the house and the neighbours. Does one brick belong to both of us? If I plan an extension, would it have to stagger in one brick so it joins onto...
4
4